Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1003 83rd Avenue
Acta Non Verba, Project Access and Oakland Parks and Recreation have come together to offer our After-School Program open to all Tassafaronga Village Residents K-8. We offer homework help, extracurricular activities, occasional field trips and snacks, every Monday - Thursdays. This is a free program to Tassafaronga Residents.
ASP tutors meet weekly with students enrolled in nearby elementary schools, who are residents of Tassafaronga Village, and are enrolled in the after-school program.
- Tutors must have superior knowledge of various academic areas (english, Math, Reading, Science)
- Farm or gardening knowledge is a plus!
- Be highly motivated and passionate to work with low income youth and help prepare students for academic success
- Ability to effectively communicate with children in different settings, group and individual
- Understanding and patience is a must.
- Current student working toward a BS/BA
- Experience working with youth including paid and volunteer positions
- Experience working with diverse youth
- Bi/multilingual students (preferably Yemeni-Arabic or Spanish)
- Individuals with backgrounds similar to target population (low-income and first in their families to attend college) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Schedule -- MTuTh, 2:30pm - 5:30pm; W, 1:00pm - 5:30pm. We ask for a weekly commitment of 4-6 hours. Consistency is VERY important to the ASP students and staff.
This is an unpaid position, but we can provide school credits, service hours, and work out transportation stipends.
How To Apply
Please fill out an application online at https://anvfarm.org/get-involved/jobs/. We look forward to hearing from you! For more information, please email email@example.com.