Volunteering as physiotherapist in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Beyond South America
Departamento de Cochabamba
In this volunteer position not only will you be able to earn experience and help local communities with your knowledge, you will also be an active part in the social inclusion strategy for people with a disability, focusing mainly in the components of health and empowerment.
As a physiotherapist you will be able to help different local communities in one (or two) of the main themes: empowerment, prevention and rehabilitation. Your tasks can be, depending on your own talents and wishes, one or more of the following:
Prevention and rehabilitation:
- Home visits to help in the process of rehabilitation of different patients.
- Workshops with an emphasis on early detection and prevention of disability to health personnel and teachers of primary and secondary schools.
- Supporting the rehabilitation and independence of people with disabilities.
- Developing workshops in the municipalities to provide technical support to the organization.
- Conducting evaluations of the staff in each municipality to determine their effectiveness.
- Sensitizing the population through different means of communication. Providing educational material about human rights and the importance of the inclusion and participation of people with disabilities.
- Taking initiative
- Motivated with a positive work ethic
- Experience with or interest in living abroad
WHO ARE WE?
You have a burning desire and are curious to learn by actually doing something that makes sense? Have you ever faced yourself in a Latin American world beyond the regular (mind) map? Then it’s really time to partake action with Beyond South America (BSA). While sharing your talents and goodwill, you will be part of some sustainable, long-term social changes. We operate throughout South America and have the perfect project for you!
We are an organization that works with students and volunteers. We offer different kinds of activities based on your very personal aims and preferences. BSA has many possibilities for you: internships, volunteer work, language courses and recreational activities/excursions. Just make a digital trip to our website for the bigger picture or to zoom into all the present ins and outs.
BSA is a nonprofit organization. We cooperate with Casa de la Alegría: a foundation that with its love and dedication supports children and youngsters who have dealt with (family) traumas like sexual, mental and/or physical abuse or addiction. Their mission is to empower vulnerable, precious children so they can finally discover their strengths and talents. In the end both as for the coming future, these children will be able to raise their voice and to embody the new generation which can make a true difference to a local, sustainable and loving everyday life. Also, the profit of BSA goes to Casa de la Alegría.
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers