Become an AmeriCorps VISTA Leader!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by New York Department of State, Division of Community Services
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
99 Washington Avenue
This position is part of a larger New York State Empire State Poverty Reduction Initiative (ESPRI), a 16-community poverty reduction initiative launched by Governor Cuomo in 2016 as part of a broad coalition of state and local government, business and nonprofit representatives coordinating efforts to address poverty throughout the state. This VISTA Leader position will support the VISTAs as they work with their assigned agencies to address poverty, develop strategies, and match promising practices to unique challenges in each locality.
The NYS Empire Corps VISTA Leader will:
- support VISTA Members across New York State through one-on-one phone calls and group video calls;
- develop innovative ways to support VISTAs remotely;
- assist in the recruitment and onboarding of Empire Corps VISTA Members by guiding candidates and supervisors through the process;
- coordinate travel to visit VISTA members in person at their sites to ensure proper placement and build relationships;
- gather information for monthly Empire Corps VISTA newsletters;
- assist Department of State in the completion of VISTA Progress Reports;
- assist Department of State with the creation and delivery of VISTA related webinars to VISTA Sites;
- and participate in biweekly conference calls between Department of State and Corporation for National and Community Service.
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program in which members engage in capacity building projects for one year. Members and leaders enjoy a variety of benefits, including a living allowance, health coverage, and an education award upon successful completion of service.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Must be 18+, college degree preferred
Must have completed one successful year of service as an AmeriCorps, VISTA or Peace Corps Member.