Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1717 Clemens Rd
We Vote currently has a volunteer position open for a Political Data Manager. You will work remotely with our active team to help us get ready for multiple elections this year. Responsibilities will include importing ballot data and voter guides pulled from a variety of sources. Our ideal volunteer is passionate about politics and excited to use technology to educate voters and increase voter turnout.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup. We Vote is building a movement of excellent, passionate, part-time volunteers (starting with the founders) who build mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We believe that many voters are busy, distracted, and impatient. We have a goal of providing a voting experience that lasts no longer than 8 minutes including the download of our app. More information at http://www.wevote.us or on Twitter @WeVote.
What You’ll Do.
- Conduct internet research to find voter guides and endorsements from nonprofit groups.
- Enter candidate and ballot measure endorsements into our social networking application.
- Review political data imported from Google Civic and edit as needed.
- Debug software; use the site and report problems as they are found to help us improve the beta version of our software.
Who you are: Must haves.
- A passion for helping voters find the information they need to make informed voting decisions.
- We understand that you may not have a ton of extra time on your hands, and we can work with the time you have available. We can work with as little as 8-10 hours per week of your time, and can accommodate someone who can volunteer up to 40 hours per week.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers.
What You'll Gain
You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention. You’ll gain an opportunity to grow within the We Vote movement and meet other volunteers who are like minded and interested in building a valuable application to empower voters across the United States.
- Is in agreement with We Vote’s Core Values.
Please share a brief cover letter sharing why you find this opportunity interesting. Thank you! JoinUs@WeVote.US
Thank you for your interest,
The We Vote Team
- Training Provided