Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 102 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale, and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009 with a training center based in Cebu in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
In August 2018, PNP introduced a revised IT Training curriculum, with a bigger focus on Web Development, and the introduction of new, advanced topics like Big Data and NoSQL. Moreover, it allocates time for students to work independently on development projects using new technologies that they have to learn using online resources. It is meant to confront the students to more technologies and trends that they are going to encounter in the workplace.
In order to finalize the 3rd Semester of this curriculum, the volunteer will work with the Training Team to refine the scope of these new topics, detail the outlines, and plan their implementation at the University of San Carlos.
● Collaborate with PN Training Team to understand the context of the job market, the university partnership and the new curriculum.
● Establish detailed course guides, lesson plans and course material to support the curriculum implementation, particularly on the topics of Web Development, Big Data, NoSQL, and Architecture of Information Systems.
● Share all knowledge and documentation to the Training Team and local trainers.
4. PROFILE / COMPETENCIES OF THE VOLUNTEERS
● General knowledge of Information Systems, IT and programming trends
● Ideally, working experience as IT consultant or IT manager
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English
● Strong interest in education and training
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training in the…