Build Consulting, a Washington DC-based consulting firm for nonprofits, is looking to expand its team by hiring a Consultant. Build Consulting is growing, and this is an opportunity to work with a diverse team with individual perspectives, experiences, and talents who bring this all together to transform nonprofits.
What You’ll Do
Consultants apply their nonprofit technology experience to understanding complex business/organizational requirements and their technology implications.
Consultants will work on technology assessments, selections, and implementations where we guide nonprofits through strategies that result in meaningful, enduring impact on their mission. You will:
- Interview and engage key stakeholders
- evaluate key business systems,
- engage key internal experts, conduct research, and
- help deliver forward-thinking and strategic recommendations.
The Consultant will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of nonprofit technology solutions from diverse perspectives and evolve their consulting and technology leadership skills through working with colleagues and a spectrum of nonprofits with a range of requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Consultant will partner with other Build Consulting team members with nonprofit technology experience, in a project-oriented environment working with multiple clients. Projects are typically performed by teams and, at times, by individual consultants. Because our team members are distributed across the U.S., the majority of work will be performed remotely from a home office or client site.
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work exclusively from home during COVID-19). In the future, some travel should be expected for occasional company meetings/retreats, conferences, and occasional on-site visits with clients.
- Work closely with end-users and Subject Matter Experts to review existing governance, operations, business processes, data, and technology–and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements
- Elicit and analyze requirements from end-users to inform business process improvements, documentation to include in RFPs, and socialize current and future state.
- Communicate frequently, effectively, and professionally with colleagues, executives, clients, and vendors
- Using our project management toolkit, drive the management of project plans, project budgets, schedules, and status reporting
- Reach or exceed monthly billable utilization goals
- Additional duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Motivated by challenges and learning new things in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients
- Capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels of an organization with strong relationship management skills and proficient in developing rapport with diverse audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for client deliverables and company marketing efforts (blogs, webinars, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- 2-4+ years of nonprofit technology consulting or relevant nonprofit experience working on organizational technology initiatives
- Ability to create high-quality presentations, models, and analyses, and other deliverables and present them to clients and upper management
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information to draw accurate, logical, and actionable conclusions
- Hard working and self-motivated individual who is comfortable handling ambiguity and able to successfully complete tasks within deadlines
- Experience working on an enterprise-wide, phased nonprofit technology implementation a plus
Successful candidates for a position with Build should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates the core competencies, skills, and abilities above. Build Consulting welcomes applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and encourages those with requisite core competencies, skills, and abilities to outline how their experience makes them well-qualified for the role
- Four (4) or more years in nonprofit or education sector working with diverse stakeholders such as program officers, fundraisers, managers, etc.
- Experience with complex technology implementation projects that required significant change for an organization
- Broader interest in, and understanding of, the nonprofit technology sector
- Comfortable working remotely, from a home office, and using collaboration tools to engage with team members and clients
Location and Work Environment
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work either from home or on-site with clients), with roughly up to 50% of time traveling to clients’ sites. Many of our clients are headquartered in the greater Washington DC area, but we also have clients throughout the United States.
About Build Consulting
Build Consulting, founded in 2015, has deep nonprofit and technology experience. We are committed to developing a strong company where work has an element of fun/play and we take time to build great relationships with fellow employees and the clients we serve. More information about what it is like to work at Build and the benefits we offer can be found here.