At Do Big Things we fight for powerful, lasting change. Our team uplifts candidates and causes through digital storytelling and tools that amplify diverse voices and empower communities. We are driving the digital innovation necessary to create the change we need in our world and we are the people we serve. DBT is proud to be women-owned and women-led, with a staff that’s 50% people of color.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Do Big Things is seeking a detail-oriented, self-driven individual to support our hiring, onboarding, and team & culture initiatives. We’re looking for a flexible team player who has stellar interpersonal communication skills along with a knack for organization and time management.
As an Associate, People Operations, you'll work closely with the Operations team to facilitate, strengthen, and expand upon DBT’s hiring processes. You will be responsible for communicating with candidates and scheduling interviews, posting open roles and researching new recruitment outlets, preparing new hire onboarding plans, and more.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in People Operations, a passion for supporting mission-driven work, and the ability to operate well in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
As Do Big Things’ full-time Associate, People Operations, you will:
- Support day-to-day hiring initiatives at DBT such as scheduling interviews; researching, vetting, and posting on job boards; screening candidates; and liaising among candidates and internal hiring teams
- Contribute to new hire onboarding functions such as managing onboarding checklists and scheduling onboarding meetings, working closely with Operations Manager and hiring managers to provide a smooth and welcoming onboarding experience for all new hires
- Work with Operations team to continuously improve upon and fine-tune hiring processes, with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Contribute to a variety of Operations team projects such as planning meetings and retreats, assisting with functions pertaining to staffing and forecasting, and collecting staff feedback as needed
- Support the planning and facilitation of team engagement initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in human resources, project management, administrative support, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and additional experience is preferred
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong G-Suite/Gmail/Google Calendar and Word/Excel/PowerPoint knowledge
- Experience with the set up and management of virtual meetings and tools e.g. Zoom, conference calls, Google Hangout, etc.
- Flawless execution of logistics, with high attention to detail, organization, and process
- Strong teamwork skills, and an ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively with all personalities
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs
- Proven ability to manage projects, work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to complete remote work efficiently and effectively
- Familiarity with recruitment software (JazzHR, Greenhouse, or similar) a plu
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice, and to building a work environment where people from all backgrounds know they belong
If you’re not sure that you have all of these skills, please throw your hat in the ring anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to help us advance progressive causes.
COMPENSATION + PERKS:
- Competitive compensation: We offer a strong base salary of $55,000 - $65,000, incentive-based bonuses, full health, dental, vision (100% employer-paid Gold medical plan option) and a 401k.
- Amazing team. The Do Big Things family is an inspiring & award-winning group of brilliant, motivated, principled, & good-spirited people.
- Flexibility + Work-Life Balance. As a remote organization, members of the DBT team can live and work anywhere.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: We encourage you to take at least 1 week off every 6 months, in addition to company holidays.
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Work-Free Friday program: Every employee has a 4-day week every other week (outside of campaign season). Ask us for more details!
- Holidays: At least 15 paid holidays each year
WANT TO APPLY?
At Do Big Things, we believe the diversity of ideas, perspectives and cultures that our employees contribute to our company is among our strongest assets. DBT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do Big Things is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming experience for all candidates and employees. If there are any accommodations we can provide for you during the interview process or any other phase of the hiring process, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR