About AM Crawford, Inc.
AM Crawford, Inc. (AMC) is a San Francisco-based fundraising consulting firm with a mission to improve communities by building strong, balanced partnerships between nonprofit and for-profit organizations. Our vision is more equitable communities guided by trust-based, cross-sector partnerships. AMC currently has 8 employees in San Francisco and Gainesville, Florida; and 5 contractors on its growing team.
Position summary: AMC seeks to hire a full-time Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator. A professional background and/or education experience in Human Resources is preferred. This position is the main point of contact for both human resources and general office administration and is responsible for human resources coordination, compliance, and providing general administrative support to the CEO. This includes coordinating various human resources and office support services including employee, contractor and client records, onboarding, benefits, hiring, business compliance and registrations, and recordkeeping.
- Maintain all business records, registrations, contracts, and licenses in compliance with best practices and with state and federal laws. Manage efficient, easy-to-access filing system (paper and electronic), and maintain and organize AMC office and files (hard copy, Dropbox and/or Google Drive).
- Provide HR support such as maintaining employee files and communicating company policies and procedures to the AMC team. Interface with HR concierge service for expert advice, as needed.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, keeping office organized, answering telephone calls in a clear and professional manner, organizing and handling information requests, etc.
- Manage timely email correspondence; organize and sort incoming communications to create an efficient system with priority order. Respond to email and voicemail in a timely manner.
- Proofread and prepare proposals and other professional documents using Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets and/or database software for AMC and client communications.
- Assists with new client onboarding process.
- Assists with performance review and hiring processes.
- Coordinate and collect information, including taking minutes if needed, for client and team meetings.
- Track all hours/projects in Asana & Harvest (project/time management software).
- Communicate with CEO and consultant team members daily.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and employee information.
- Other clerical and project support functions as needed.
Skills & Attributes Required
- Computer/software proficiency, including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; G Suite - Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, Hangouts
- Organizational skills and a keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong customer service and listening skills
- Aptitude to problem solve, move projects along, and manage up
- Motivated, self-directed and resourceful
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Adaptability and an ability to work with a small but impactful team
- Natural curiosity – a desire to learn and an ability to engage with people
- Very strong communication skills (verbal and written). Much of AMC’s work involves communicating complex ideas simply and effectively; all team members must demonstrate – or be interested in honing - this ability.
- Demonstrated administrative abilities and previous experience in an office environment with the ability to ensure professionalism and confidentiality is required.
- 2+ year(s) in a human resources role or equivalent educational experience is preferred. In the absence of HR experience, we require a demonstrated ability to be resourceful and able to move projects along and will accept someone who is interested in HR and willing to learn on the job. We will provide support and training on HR principles, practices and procedures.
- Ideal candidates will have had some volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector and a desire to learn more about the work of our nonprofit clients.
- College degree preferred.
AMC’s Core Competencies
- Growth: We view every setback and success as an opportunity for learning and growth.
- Respect: We recognize the inherent dignity in every person, consider all viewpoints, and welcome civil disagreement and debate.
- Integrity and Ethics: We hold ourselves and our team to the highest standard of accountability in all that we do and consider how our actions affect our clients, our company, and our industry.
- Perseverance: By focusing on our mission, vision, and tenets, we can overcome challenges to meet short and long-term goals.
- Teamwork: We work together to accomplish our goals; we share knowledge and expertise and learn from our colleagues and clients.
Please submit a cover letter that clearly states your interest and qualifications for the role along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “HR & Administrative Coordinator”. Review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt. The full time position will be based at AMC’s San Francisco office located in the Union Square neighborhood, with up to 50% remote work supported. The position is salaried at $60,000-$70,000/year. To learn more about AMC, please visit amcrawfordinc.com.