The Manager of Finance & Grants Administration will optimize DIW/DIW-REHC’s organizational finance and administrative functions to improve efficiency and ensure the short and long-term sustainability of the organization. This position is new and will report to Executive-Artistic Director.
Our ideal candidate believes deeply in social justice and carries an unyielding conviction that transformative change is possible. The candidate will significant experience as a cross-functional leader with exceptional financial and grants administration acumen with a demonstrated talent for the continuous improvement of organizational teams, systems, and processes. They bring evaluative and data driven decision making, along with practical wisdom to all facets of the work and a proven ability to develop organizational capacity. Finally, the ideal candidate is a deeply collaborative leader with an engaging management style and the ability to balance big picture strategy with immediate needs.
Financial Management 60%
- Manage the development and implementation of short-term and long-term fiscal planning including annual budgeting $1.4 million and multi-year forecasting, ensuring the highest levels of fiscal responsibility.
- Track and analyze cross programmatic and organizational expenditures spending to ensure departments and projects stay within budget.
- Oversee and supervise the accounts payable processes for vendors, lenders, and critical accounts for DIW/DIW-REHC
- Serve as the organization’s primary point of contact for audit partner
- Optimize DIW/DIW-REHC finance and accounting policies, financial controls, and compliance systems; implement policies and systems that model best practices in each of these areas
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting across all DIW/DIW-REHC accounts
- Process payroll, working with the HR administrators and accounting vendors
Financial Oversight of Grants Management 35%:
- Generate grant agreements, contracts, and amendments.
- Collaborate closely with DIW’s fundraising (development) team to help ensure that the organizations meet income goals
- Develop optimized budgets and financial reports for foundations and major donors, working closely with the fundraising teams
Business Operations 5%:
- Manage new and current legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the organizations’ 501(c)3 (DIW and DIW-REHC) including insurance and regulatory requirement for organization’s physical 12,000 sq ft property.
The Manager of Finance & Grants Administration will be dedicated and passionate, with a track record of achievement in previous leadership roles in civic service organizations, a commitment to youth development, and demonstrated business acumen. The individual will show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promote a harassment- free environment. They will treat people with respect at all times, work with integrity and ethically uphold DIW’s mission, values, standards of employee conduct, and Code of Ethics.
Additionally, the Manager of Finance & Grants Administration should have the following:
- 5+ years of finance nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Commitment to DIW’s mission and strong social justice orientation
- Demonstrated expertise in managing organizational financial activity and systems, including budgeting, multi-year forecasting, modeling, accounting, and reporting
- Proven ability to navigate complex nonprofit compliance and risk management issues;
- A strategic, analytical, and tactical thinker, with a record of success implementing strategic goals and priorities across an organization
- Demonstrated passion for managing, developing, and coaching diverse teams; prioritizes building authentic and respectful relationships with all colleagues within an organization
- Confidence and capability to adapt and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment while also navigating ambiguity and change inherent to an evolving organization
- Effective and persuasive communicator, both oral and written, with exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Possesses unquestionable personal and professional integrity, unwavering commitment to equity, and a growth mindset
- Innovative, creative, and willing to think outside of the box to develop solutions that meet DIW unique needs and support our high-performing team
DIW offers employer-paid health coverage; life insurance; and a generous paid-time-off policy with up to three weeks of vacation. DIW operates in a hybrid environment that would allow this position to be 50% remote and 50% on site.