Radish Lab is a purpose-driven creative agency, shaping stories and sharpening brands for organizations improving the world.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. You’ll split your time between managing projects, supervising other project managers, and helping to improve our processes.
Project managers act as both the client and internal project team guide, implementing our process to translate ideas into strategic, creative, and/or digital products for organizations working in the social-impact space.
You are equally energized by checking tasks off of a well-organized to-do list as you are closely managing the team’s capacity, monitoring project budgets, and building strong relationships with teammates and client points of contact.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of client-facing digital/design/creative agency experience in a project or account management role. A demonstrated commitment to social impact issues and/or working in, with, or adjacent to the for-purpose sector is a major plus. The salary range is $68,000 to $82,000 depending on experience.
In your most recent role you have:
- Successfully led multiple website design and development projects of all sizes simultaneously from start to finish, coordinating between the client and a team of strategists, designers, and developers
- Anticipated potential roadblocks and addressed and shared learnings throughout the project process
- Been sought out as a resource and creative problem-solver by teammates
Senior-Level Responsibilities (50%)
- Help improve our capacity and staffing projections
- Helping project management team members develop project plans for new clients
- Create and implement short- and long-range goals and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate effectiveness and suggest changes for improvement
- Help the Managing Director identify operational risks (capacity, staffing, unrealistic timelines, etc) and develop mitigation strategies along with contingency options
- Leverage our project management software to monitor capacity, ensure effective handoffs, and monitor and report on key metrics related to team and agency performance
- Facilitate onboarding & training on a periodic basis, with a focus on supporting project management team growth & development
- Participate in proposals, pitches, and other business development activities
Project Management (50%)
- Manage projects from start to finish, incorporating Radish standards and processes in the delivery of client work
- Create project plans, timelines, and manage day-to-day tasks
- Coordinate creative reviews with the design team, vetting and communicating client feedback
- Triage incoming client requests, fielding questions, and determining appropriate solutions
- Ensure that all project materials, documentation, and assets are organized properly
- Support website launches, QA new features and sites as needed
- Run weekly or bi-weekly client check in meetings and set and manage client expectations, communicating updates, and project progress
- Collaborate with team members to come up with original concepts, scopes of work, and creative approaches to achieving client goals for new projects and proposals
- Coordinate with the client and team to track contract and invoice statuses
The position is based in our Brooklyn office. We are currently working remotely with the option of coming into the office. In the future, we plan to return to a hybrid office/remote approach where we come into the office two to three days a week.
About Radish Lab
Radish Lab launched in 2012 to work on projects we believe in, with clients we click with. And today, we’re still invested in much more than just the end-product.
In our approach to working with clients we are committed to working:
With empathy, not ego.
With them, not for them.
With integrity, not just ideas.
Radish Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Three to five years of client-facing digital/design/creative agency experience in a project or account management role
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience managing agency capacity and staffing needs
- Familiarity with web development process and concepts and project management methodologies
- Familiarity with basic design process, as well as working knowledge of design tools and creative production
- A commitment to progressive social change movements, and a desire to work on mission-driven projects
- A desire to work with a small, talented team of nice people committed to making their jobs as fun and meaningful as possible