FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $4 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 100+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the role
FreeWill is seeking a Partner Success Strategist to play an integral role in accelerating our work supporting nonprofits (large and small) across the country. This is a full-time position, based remotely or in our NYC office.
- Produce outstanding fundraising results for nonprofits
- Create warm, dynamic relationships with our partners and ensure they feel cared for
- Identify challenges internally and externally and proactively address problems
- Ensure tactics and processes are scalable as our team and partnerships grow
- Understand and communicate partner needs to the team internally
- Maintain relationships year over year through renewals and upsells to provide more value to partners
- Onboard and launch new partners to set the tone for an interactive and successful partnership
- Lead regular meetings and other communications with partners to ensure that goals are understood, met and exceeded
- Work across multiple teams to create and follow systems to track partner campaigns and progress with FreeWill; identify patterns and provide insight on best tactics
- Provide marketing support to partners based on established best practices and adjust approach as new developments occur. Work closely with content/marketing team to portray partner needs and collaborate for the best product
- Report key metrics and updates to partners on a daily and monthly basis
- Communicate with partners about new FreeWill developments and proactively offer value
- Stay on top of latest nonprofit fundraising and customer success techniques and trends
- Act with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
As a venture-backed startup, things move very quickly at FreeWill. As such, we expect the responsibilities for this role to frequently shift, and aim to hire an individual who is comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced environment. Additional requirements:
- Experience working on a SaaS customer success team and/or in the nonprofit fundraising space is a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and fine-tuned attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a willingness to learn and take on projects outside area of primary expertise
- Comfort moving quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Smarts, tenacity, and kindness
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.