An influential advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to hire a Video Content Producer into a full-time staff position with benefits. This organization offers employees the freedom to work from home two days each week, on Wednesdays and Fridays.
We're ideally seeking a highly creative individual, who is skilled at building stories with existing content and can also bring considerable talents to the editorial development of both scripted and unscripted content.
The Video Content Producer will join other staff content producers, and work toward the creation of various styles of short-form videos for the hiring organization's app and social media channels, and also virtual and in-person events. The person hired for this role will craft content that promotes the organization's mission and brand; and inspires and educates its member base.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess a mixture of excellent visual story-telling and written communication skills, along with the ability to coordinate and manage projects effectively and efficiently. They’ll feel confident producing documentary-style videos, interviews, live segments, and podcasts while working within the hiring organization's tone, style, and library of resources. This candidate must thrive in a team-oriented environment and feel comfortable collaborating regularly with internal stakeholders.
* Research and develop story ideas across a variety of subject matters and potential use scenarios, including policy, international relations and institutional marketing.
* Turn internal client briefs/requests into action items.
* Oversee story components (video, audio, and written) through every step of the pre-production, production, and post-production process, including:
--- Draft treatments and shooting scripts.
--- Manage booking, communication, and payment of talent and interview subjects.
--- Collaborate with in-house and external production teams to guarantee the success of shoots.
--- Find music, source assets, write two- and three-column scripts, and provide direction to editors to ensure the final product is consistent with the original vision and is delivered on time.
--- Manage feedback and approval process within internal stakeholder workflow.
--- Document progress through the organization's internal project tracking system.
--- Obtain cost estimates, statements of work, and contracts with vendors.
--- Monitor budgets and ensure relevant invoices/expenses are paid upon completion of projects.
--- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners to advise on content produced by the team.
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience producing and writing for different video styles, including news-style segments, live segments, interviews, documentary-style segments, social media, and motion graphics.
* Experience working in-house or within a Creative Services department.
* Knowledge of the U.S. political system and international affairs.
* Experience navigating internal footage archival systems a plus.
* Knowledge of working with motion graphic templates a plus.
* Skilled in Adobe Premiere and working with Creative Cloud Libraries a plus.
* Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
* Confident in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate experience.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a full-time staff position requiring a 40 hour/week comittment;
(2) with the flexibility of working from home on Wednesdays and Fridays;
(3) for an employer located near Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, just a short walk from multiple Metrorail and Metrobus stops.
Individuals who can only work part-time or are interested in developing a freelance relationship should not apply. Individuals who do not live within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should not apply.
We are suggesting a broad salary range of $65K to $85K. This range indicates our interest in talking with talented earlier career professionals who are clearly ready to step up to the next level in the production hierarchy, as well as highly experienced Associate Producers and Producers.
Brainstorm Creative Resources counsels its clients to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that they will offer early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual salary offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and the client organization, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Alternatively, you can link to this job description directly at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BRAINSTORM&cws=1&rid=1534. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.
An influential advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to hire a Video Content Producer into a full-time staff position with benefits. This…