Pathways to Housing DC (Pathways DC) is an innovative nonprofit agency committed to ending homelessness for individuals with serious mental illnesses, co-occurring substance abuse disorders and/or other medical challenges in our Nation's capital. Pathways is one of the originators of "Housing First", in which services are provided to those in need without conditions and pre-housing requirements such as curfews, mandated sobriety or compliance with medication.
Case Managers are members of the Permanent Supportive Housing Program (PSHP) who provide flexible, community based services that are designed to promote the stability, recovery and community reintegration of formerly homeless individuals assigned to PTHDC by DC’s Department of Human Services. The Case Manager maintains a primary caseload of 17-18 clients and provides case management services in a compassionate and responsible manner.
- Collaborates with client in the formulation of a Case Management Plan that is reviewed and modified with client on a regular basis;
- Provides outreach, case management, counseling, advocacy, and other needed services to clients in any environment including: the streets, shelters, jails, hospitals, apartments, office, etc;
- Provides individually tailored services to each client in the following areas: housing,
school, training & work opportunities, activities of daily living, health, wellness self-management, relapse prevention, money management & entitlements, medication support, self help & empowerment, problem solving, family life & social relationships and integrated treatment for substance abuse;
- Maintains written and computerized records, compile reports and completes other program documentation (e.g. progress notes, case management plans, intakes, biopsychosocial assessments, monthly visit reports, incident reports);
- Responsible for the monthly client contact requirements as follows: 4 face to face contacts for homeless clients; 4 contacts per month for housed clients, including 2 face to face contacts with 1 being in the client’s apartment; 6 total contacts per month when unable to meet the above standards;
- Coordinates and monitors referrals to community services and advocates client participation;
- Performs related work as assigned;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, or related social service/science or healthcare related discipline required.
- 1 year experience in case management and/or counseling services to individuals/families experiencing homelessness or other related populations.
- Excellent organizational, communication, (both oral and written) skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills highly desired
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle required;
- COVID-19 Vaccination required
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/k5xXVLCDGPlnXiXjVIQPDk" />