The Home Repair Loan Officer performs lending activities and general support for CHT’s housing loan fund on a full-time basis.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain a Vermont Mortgage Loan Originators License in good standing through the National Mortgage Licensing system;
- Determines programmatic eligibility; gathers and analyzes all documentation necessary to underwrite borrower to determine eligibility, and amount, rate, terms, conditions for all loan or grant requests with oversight by Loan Fund Manager;
- Handle all program inquiries in a friendly and professional manner, adhering to lending regulations.
- Perform all loan processing, origination, and underwriting functions for loans assigned in adherence with CHT policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform and/or coordinate all compliance activities related to assigned home repair loan projects.
- Track all pre-closing conditions for home repair loans, create closing packets, coordinate and facilitate loan closings.
- Performs all loan closing tasks including clearing approval conditions such as appraisals, title opinions, counseling, home inspections, homeowner’s insurance, and other conditions established by the HOC Committee; creating loan and closing documents scheduling and performing loan closings, and supervises or performs all follow-up including recording to ensure that CHT's loan security is unblemished
- Generates loan commitment and denial letters
- Interacts with lenders, attorneys, home inspectors, and other third parties as needed
- Coordinate payment request documentation according to policies and in consultation with rehab staff or consultant. Submit all approved payment requests to finance office in a timely manner.
- After loan closings, submit mortgage for recording, properly maintain Promissory Notes, send authorization to add mortgagee to insurance company and organize file. Send amortizing loans for servicing as needed and complete final loan paperwork.
- Enter all loan and construction related data into all applicable data sources as applicable.
- Assist with loan servicing activities as needed. Activities may include processing loan payments, contacting borrowers, tracking insurance policy status, and other duties related to accurate and effective servicing of loans after closing.
- Assist Loan Fund Manager with reporting, filing, file reviews, correspondence, funding requests and other tasks as needed.
- Maintain all loan files, including those located in off-site storage. Relocate files on an annual basis or as needed.
- Provide support with Loan Fund marketing and outreach activities as needed.
- Attend trainings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience working in banking, lending, real estate, construction, home repairs, federal grants, and/or health and safety codes is required. A degree or post-secondary course work in a related field or a combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Proficiency with computer and technology applications including Microsoft Word and Excel are required, Access experience is a plus.
- Mortgage Loan Originator License, or ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire is required.
- Experience working with grants and federal housing programs is strongly preferred.
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic, and willingness to learn are required.
- Commitment to social justice, equity and CHT’s membership based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check is required.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, active listening, creative problem solving, planning and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication including technical and business writing, coordination, planning, customer service, critical thinking, analysis, math, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong computer and technology skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to develop and modify construction specifications, read and understand contracts, read and understand policies and procedures, and solicit bids
- Basic knowledge of grant compliance, home repair or construction terms and concepts, energy efficiency, and building health and safety codes
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently and as a member
Physical and Mental abilities: The Loan Program Assistant must have the physical and mental abilities to perform the essential job duties listed above. However, reasonable accommodation may be extended to help perform those duties. The job entails long periods of sitting at a desk. There may be prolonged periods of computer work. While performing the essential duties of this job the Loan Program Assistant will have to use hands and fingers, walk, stand, reach.
Champlain Housing Trust is a non-profit, member-based organization. The work entails significant self motivation, commitment to CHT’s membership based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing, and commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and executing CHT mission by focusing on our customers - listening attentively, identifying needs, and making his/her best effort to resolve issues/concerns. Occasional travel to meetings and seminars may be required.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers:
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of duties and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected duties. Duties may be added, dropped, or changed at any time.
The job qualifications may change at any time. Champlain Housing Trust may add, drop, or change any qualifications for the position in order to fit changes in the organization. This job description should not be interpreted as a complete list of job qualifications.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Champlain Housing Trust is an at will employer.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/b7wwzWtxnQjahjGyIN6e2" />