Colgate University Web Content Specialist Requisition Number:
2021S116Posting Full Time/Part Time:
Full Time Division:
Office of University Communications Department:
Office of University Communications Department Statement:
The Office of Communications tells the Colgate story. We strengthen the Universitys presence and reputation among external and internal audiences through our strategic direction of the Colgate identity and its core messaging platforms. Our office oversees all official University integrated marketing programs and communications and is responsible for curating and creating content for Colgate Magazine; for digital outlets including the Universitys website, mobile apps, and social media; for admission and advancement publications; and media relations campaigns. Accountabilities:
Colgate University is seeking qualified candidates for an entry-level web content specialist position within the Office of University Communications.
- This role will focus on the digital organization, quality of content, accessibility and navigation on colgate.edu.
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, approving and enhancing content on the web and mobile applications; training campus stakeholders on best practices; and leveraging data and analytics to ensure content is optimized for university audiences, search engines, and accessibility.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for the web.
- Understanding of graphic design principles and information architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and write basic HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Experience working in web content management systems.
- Must be willing and able to learn new web tools and adapt to new technologies.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices for the web.
- Experience in the management of large-scale websites.
- Drupal and WordPress experience is a plus.
A Bachelors degree in digital media, communications, marketing and related fields or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills have been obtained. Other Information
Remote flexibility within the state of NY. Preference given to Central New York region applicants or those willing to relocate, as some weekly on-site responsibilities are required. Work Schedule:
Weekdays Job Open Date:
11/04/2021 Job Close Date:
12/9/2021 Open Until Filled
Yes Special Instructions Summary
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni population representing a variety of races, gender identities, social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national origins, etc. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan
presents a framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead.
Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse community. You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement document heading. The statement can be any length (e.g. a paragraph or page). For information on how to write a diversity statement, see our Guidance on Crafting Diversity Statements
. EEO Statement
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Clery Act CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgates Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety
. To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://careers.colgate.edu/postings/3758