Associate Director of Prospect Management and Research (71101)
Of course you're ambitious, want something else in your next career step, and believe in the power of philanthropy. You're looking for new energy from your colleagues, and a true dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your own work and workplace culture. If you are interested in serving as the Associate Director of Prospect Management and Research
and have 5 years of experience overseeing the identification and assessment of potential donors and the optimization of prospect pools to ensure the maximization of gift officer portfolios, building a strong prospect pipeline, we at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY, would like to hear from you.
With a 134-year history of welcoming people for who and what they are, Pratt's world-class higher education in the arts, design, architecture, and information boasts 60,000 alumni and 4,800 current students who are creating and beautifying around and for the planet. Come be a part of Pratt's next chapter as we launch into a comprehensive campaign, with you as a valued and critical part of our Pratt Institutional Advancement Team.On a typical day you will be required to:
- Oversees strategies for identifying and rating the capacity of potential prospects, including analyzing hard and soft financial data in the context of capacity.
- Proactively identifies new major gift and planned giving prospects through data mining techniques, push technology, demographic, and other searches.
- Collaborate with leadership and others as needed to optimize prospect management efforts.
Bachelors degree required.Experience:
Five years of experience in prospect research and portfolio management.Required Skills:
- Proficiency in Raisers Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform in-depth research using a wide variety of sources, both hard copy and electronic.
- Understanding of basic financial principles and knowledge of industry publications and business trends.
- Experience with wealth screening, feasibility analysis, and campaign prospecting.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in data mining, report creation, and moves management policies and procedures.
- At least one to two years of hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic databases (e.g. Lexis Nexis, iWave, Foundation Search) and prospect research and management methods needed to enable major gift fundraising required.
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
Pratt Institute gives the creative leaders of tomorrow the knowledge and experience to make a better world. A top-ranked college with opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The Institutes impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough, an additional historic building and public gallery in Manhattan, as well as an extension campus, PrattMWP College of Art and Design in Utica, New York. Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers. Today, Pratt and its exceptional faculty pride themselves on being academically excellent as well as adaptable to both in-person and online learning. Pratt students are part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary, research- and inquiry-based education that prepares them for professional and personal success in creative fields and with the goal of contributing to a more just and sustainable world. With a long-held commitment to the communities of New York, Pratt offers a variety of programs for local pre-college and continuing education students in the Pratt Center for Community Development, the Center for Art, Design and Community Engagement, the Pratt Center K-12, and the School for Continuing and Professional Studies. The value of a Pratt education is evident in its graduates' diverse and thriving careers, where their designs, art, work, and environments have reimagined our world. In over 75 countries across the globe, Pratts 61,000 alumni are advancing the creative economy and making a positive impact through their remarkable work and research.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/101671
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.