At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Responsible for leading, developing and driving the comprehensive vision, fundraising and growth strategies to secure funding (annually $25M to $100M) within a specific area and in alignment with the territory strategy. Partners with the territory to identify, cultivate, solicit/close and steward high wealth donors, corporations, partnerships, individual volunteers, donors and supporters with purpose of growing existing revenue sources and creating new revenue opportunities. Leads and drives results through an integrated cross-divisional team for one of ALSAC’s thirty one areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for leading strategic teams that annually raising $25-$100M in charitable contributions through a variety of fundraising channels (annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate donations, events, sponsorships, etc.). Monitors, evaluates and adjusts resources to meet area revenue, goals and KPI's that are aligned to strategic direction.
- Serves as the chief fundraising strategist for the area, helping to align the area strategic goals with fundraising programs including market, area and national campaigns. Develops and implements strategies to ensure that ALSAC drives growth in fundraising, ensuring achievement of area fiscal goals as efficiently as possible.
- Provides the strategic direction to area staff in the development and management of relationships with high wealth donors, volunteers, and corporate partners. Develops and grows both existing and new programs to enhance the total fundraising revenue of the area.
- Develops, mentors, and coaches a leadership team of professionals that lead area teams regarding fundraising, administration, procedures/policies, analysis, and communication. Leads, inspires, recruits, teaches, and retains top talent while maintaining diversity across all dimensions. Fosters a highly inclusive culture, models the organization’s culture pillars, and demonstrates servant leadership.
- Leads all offices within the assigned area; setting area strategic direction, expectations and leadership. Tracks area performance and provides strategic recommendations to territory leadership. Develops, implements and monitors measurable performance metrics and analytics to quantify progress against financial and organizational goals; as well as to evaluate fund-raising programs, opportunities and efforts efficiency and effectiveness. Reviews and reports the progress of the program performance to territory leader as it relates to the strategic and revenue plans.
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. Responsible for preparation of area budget and operates within established budgetary parameters. Utilizes strong problem solving skills to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others in appropriate style; to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; to develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Maintains a positive relationship and ongoing communication with Board Members, donors, third party organizations and volunteers throughout the assigned area; represents ALSAC-St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in such a manner as to reflect positively on the hospital and our fund raising organization.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and growing a portfolio of principal and major level donors and partners in the area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in fund-raising including previous experience through levels of progressive management responsibility, i.e., supervision, budgeting, strategic planning, organizational development, cost control, manpower allocation, special events fundraising etc.
- Excellent diplomacy skills.
- Successful accomplishments with increasing responsibilities in senior level leadership positions.
- Demonstrated effective, professional relationships with internal and external key teams.
- Interactions with people of high wealth and influence.
- Knowledge of community development best practices and issues.
- Knowledge of philanthropic communities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the unexpected.
- Self-directed and capable of working independently with limited oversight.
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations.
- Ability to speak publicly.
- Ability to understand extremely complex verbal or written instructions and execute on those instructions.
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments.
We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.