of the Office of Monitoring
The NJ Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks a dynamic, creative manager with a track record in program monitoring and CQI to serve as the Assistant Director of the Office of Monitoring.
This position is a senior management role for DCF, one of the nation’s premier child and family serving agencies responsible for the State’s child welfare and child protection systems, NJ’s innovative system to provide treatment and allied services to support children with significant behavioral health challenges and/or intellectual or developmental disabilities (NJ Children’s System of Care), and NJ’s statewide network of domestic violence and sexual assault programing.
The Assistant Director will utilize content-based knowledge, strong management skills and creativity to support the development and oversight of the Department’s newly formed Office of Monitoring. The Assistant Director will be responsible for working in partnership within the Department and with constituents with lived experience, providers, and other external stakeholders to ensure that the Department has a robust, high quality and participatory monitoring practice that reliably delivers information regarding the accessibility, quality, efficacy, and cultural competence of all DCF’s purchased social and clinical services.
In doing so, the Assistant Director will carry out commitments to the Department’s core approaches: race equity, family voice, healing centered practice, use of the protective factor’s framework, and collaborative safety.
NOTE: This position may be eligible to work remotely for up to two days in a calendar week.
* Support the creation of practices, procedures, policies, organizational structure, and performance standards for the new Office of Monitoring.
* Participate, with Departmental leaders across Divisions and Offices, in the creation and management of Departmental Continuous Quality Improvement plans and cycles.
* Work with internal and external partners to develop and implement a strategy for the creation and use of monitoring tools and procedures for each of the Department’s purchased services.
* Provide leadership and direction to operating units regarding the organization, functions, staffing patterns and work procedures.
* Supervise subordinate staff; has charge of work concerned with data processing, administrative practices, and other operational areas of the agency.
* Plan, organize, and assign work of the organizational unit and evaluates employee performance and conduct, enabling the effective recommendation of the hiring, firing, promoting and disciplining of subordinates.
* Represent the Office and Department at meetings within DCF, with community groups, grantees and other public activities.
* Provide professional presentations before lay/professional groups, and plans, conducts and/or participates in workshops, conferences and training programs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; Master’s in Social Work or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least four (4) years of social service experience which should include substantive experience in the management and leadership of social service programs, including personnel and supervision, policy, budget and fiscal accountability and oversight. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working on program evaluation. Work experience in a community based social service, child welfare, or clinical program preferred.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
COVID-19 VACCINATION/TESTING REQUIREMENT: Per Executive Order 253, all State employees are required to be vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or undergo frequent testing. Please do not submit your vaccination card at this time.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name to: Job.Posting@dcf.nj.gov
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.
of the Office of Monitoring
The NJ Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks a dynamic, creative manager with a track record in program monitoring and CQI to serve as the Assistant Director of the Office of…