Title: Coordinator/Senior Coordinator, Corporate Relations
Employment Status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Director, Corporate Relations
Date Revised: April 2022
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Relations, the Coordinator/Senior Coordinator, Corporate Relations works with the Corporate Relations and Development teams within the External Affairs division at large in providing business development support and strategy for all development related programs and events with the organization.
The role is responsible for managing development activities and programs, with a focus on corporate fundraising. Primary responsibilities include: Salesforce data strategy and management, drafting and strategizing of development correspondence, managing of event planning, business development efforts, support of managing corporate clients and other special projects as needed.
This position is located in Washington D.C. and Meridian requires MD, DC, or VA residence for all employees. The position may work partially remotely until further notice. Effective January 4, 2022, all Meridian staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is approved.
- Research potential speakers, develop an outreach strategy and execute programs based on member interest
- Implement and manage specialized programming between Meridian private sector partners and the U.S. government and diplomatic corps (In-person & Virtual)
- Lead and support day-of management and production, including digital/video, of all programs designed by the Corporate Relations team
- Liaise with the Communications team to create an invitation including a graphic and appropriate text, design a promotion strategy, and coordinate press attendance, if necessary
- Coordinate with the internal teams and 3rd-party groups to ensure all required persons are available and properly prepped to participate
- Oversee the creations of all required materials for the program including invitations, agendas, briefing memos, reminders, speaker biographies, etc.
- Manage the process for inviting all potential attendees, and track all the RSVP's
- Oversee the writing of post event summaries in coordination with the Associate, Corporate Relations or other team member
Membership Management & Communications
- Support the management of the 70+ members of the Meridian Corporate Council
- Coordinate and schedule Donor Engagement meetings with members of the Meridian Corporate Council
- Assist in program matching opportunities for private sector partners
- Spearhead the aggregation and collection of content for the Corporate Quarterly, Meridian's private-sector engagement newsletter
- In conjunction with the Corporate Relations and Communications teams, review, select, and organize speakers to highlight; liaise with the Associate, Diplomatic Engagement to include a selection of newly credentialed ambassadors
- Assist Director, Corporate Relations and Senior Vice President, External Affairs in development of Corporate Membership program growth and revenue goals, and track progress; provide accurate and timely reports on program progress and projections; track and analyze benefits use
- Assist with communications efforts around Corporate Relations programs including writing program summaries and content for the website and newsletters, drafting social media posts, website updates etc.
- Write customized proposals for prospect and existing corporate partners
- Assist in business development and corporate outreach efforts for the Meridian Center for Diplomatic Engagement, Meridian Center for Cultural Diplomacy, and Meridian Center for Global Leadership
- Support the Manager, Corporate Relations in securing corporate sponsors for the Annual Meridian Ball and Global Leadership Summit
- Support the maintenance of the Salesforce database and corporate donor lists to ensure all information is accurate Including but not limited to updating all current/relevant donor lists, inputting donations to the appropriate person/account, inputting events and attendees to track engagement, pulling reports for the Senior Vice President, and creation of new campaigns, as needed
- Draft, secure necessary approvals for, and prepare all correspondence, announcements and other materials for Corporate Membership acquisition, retention, and acknowledgement
- Support the tracking of corporate relations budget along with Manager, Corporate Relations
- Coordinate with the Communications team to ensure that all members receive the appropriate mailings, emails, and invitations
- Manage the Corporate Council website by adding all upcoming events, event summaries, or other requested content, in coordination with the Digital Marketing Manager
- Responsible for completing all organizational administrative responsibilities in a timely manner and meeting all organizational administrative deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Meridian is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe in empowering global leaders and amplifying voices of a wide variety of backgrounds to create pathways for greater understanding, shared value and respect for all cultures as connecting people has been our foundation for over 60 years. If you share our values and enthusiasm to promote non-partisan collaboration to address global challenges and opportunities, you can find a home at Meridian.
As an equal opportunity employer, Meridian promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, family responsibilities, marital, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity will be offered and maintained to all persons at every stage and condition of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-3 or 3-4 (Senior Coordinator) years of direct experience, preferably in a non-profit development or fundraising operation
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding and interest in non-profit development and fundraising activities
- Knowledge and experience working with the Salesforce database, or similar CRM database
- Event planning and customer service experience
- Familiarity and/or experience with videography/virtual technology production
- Exceptional writing skills; experience writing a variety of forms of correspondence including solicitation letters, thank you notes, briefings
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented and proven ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong inter-cultural communication skills; maturity, cultural sensitivity, and tact suitable for working with individuals from around the world
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/Z4EENpI7jQO52t1N4CbO1Y" />