Multi-Channel Content Creator
University of Puget Sound
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
Regular, full-time (1.0 FTE)Position Summary:
The Multi-Channel Content Creator works with the Marketing Manager and the Digital Marketing Specialist on developing engaging content, especially video content for TikTok, Instagram and SnapChat. The Content Creator contributes to the development of the social editorial content and works closely with the Digital Marketing Specialist on reporting. The Content Creator will be responsible for scheduling and publishing content using social publishing/scheduling tools.Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research industry, college-related and trending engaging topics for social content
- Assist in the creation and distribution of engaging social content including posts, videos for TikTok, Instagram, SnapChat, and YouTube
- Assist in community management functions such as following, engaging and commenting on relevant social account and responding to comments/messages following our social guidelines
- Contribute to development of the social editorial calendar
- Work with MM and DMS on social listening to identity trending topic/hashtags/keyword relevant to our offerings, monitor brand sentiment and competitor activities
- Use social post tools to schedule social content
- Work with the Digital Marketing Specialist to organize, plan and oversee the student, staff, and faculty social takeovers
- Assist in creating monthly reports to measure social stats and their impact on website traffic and driving desired conversions (RFI, visits, application, deposits). Works with Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Specialist to provide recommendations on content improvements based on data.
- Edit and proofread content before publication
- Support the management of specific small programs and initiatives as assigned, which includes creating Project Briefs, setting up projects and tasks on Asana and managing timelines and creative feedback from project stakeholders.
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance is an essential function of this position.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience as Content Creator or a similar role strongly desired
- Experience creating engaging video and other content for TikTok, Instagram, and Snapchat, and YouTube preferred (submit samples if candidate has them)
- Experience working with design and video creation/editing software (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie, etc.)
- Familiarity with project management tools and practices desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with various timelines at once
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- A keen eye for details
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
: The anticipated pay range for this position begins at $41,000 annually and final salary decisions are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: https://pugetsound.edu/human-resources/benefitsApplication Deadline:
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Samples/Portfolio of Work (videos, social postings)
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks. All new hires will be required to submit proof of current COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) or receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the university.Diversity Statement:
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nations most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA