Mission Partners, a Certified B CorpTM and social impact and communications consultancy, is seeking candidates interested in a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator to manage and grow Mission Partners’ various brand platforms, including the Mission Forward podcast, Adventures in Kindness book and platform for kid activists, and Mission Partners’ community engagement and marketing strategy. This position will report to the CEO and will also include a small amount of executive support, including scheduling and calendar management. We are especially interested in applicants who have prior agency experience; have experience working in social impact communications and candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to racial justice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the CEO, craft communications + marketing strategies and campaigns that are culturally competent and inclusive for the agency and its initiatives.
- Play either a leading or supporting role in implementation of communications campaigns for the agency and its initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day content development, website management, community engagement and support with communications to external audiences, serving in a community manager role, with the intent of growing the Mission Forward podcast audience and platform, expanding the Adventures in Kindness community, and supporting in the management and growth of the Mission Partners’ brand.
- Lead the development of new opportunities to pursue on behalf of the agency, including award entries, partnerships, digital marketing campaigns and ongoing client and community news.
- Work closely with vendors—including graphic design, social media, web, or videographers—to ensure campaigns are executed creatively, on time, and within budget.
- This position would be split approximately 30% on Mission Partners marketing, 30% on Adventures in Kindness and 30% on the Mission Partners’ podcast, with 10% reserved for executive support, calendar management and scheduling.
- A stated and proven commitment to Mission Partners’ company values.
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Two years minimum experience working directly in communications, marketing, campaign development, or branding for mission-driven organizations or causes.
- Prior experience working in a communications/marketing agency, public affairs firm or similar environment.
- Certification or college degree in communications, business, design, or related field.
- Fluency with digital project management and/or communications tools (e.g., Asana, Microsoft Teams, Google Suite) and a proven track record of success in advancing marketing/communications goals.
- Proven ability to oversee projects from initial strategy through tactical implementation.
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail, understanding of inclusive and plain language practices, and ability to write across a variety of channels and mediums.
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with project management, and experience working in a client services environment.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands.