The Assistant Director provides strategic and tactical support to the Life Science Initiative, working closely with the Senior Vice President overseeing New York State’s $620 million Life Science Initiative and with other senior team members. The Assistant Director serves as the primary resource for the development of presentations and other written materials about the Life Science Initiative and its programs for internal and external stakeholders. This individual also will participate in the design and implementation of new programs and will be a key point of contact with other ESD departments.
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive program for marketing ESD products and programs in the community throughout New York State.
· Work with external and internal parties to coordinate events, marketing collateral, presentations and secure appropriate representatives from the Division, local organizations or agencies.
· Attend trade shows and seminars; present and participate in workshops and conferences and other training programs/opportunities.
· Provide quality technical assistance service to the small business community on business development, procurement opportunities and direct them to the appropriate resources and programs.
· Work closely with the press office, web team and colleagues to ensure events are publicized, and advertised on website and handle coordination of cross-promotion where applicable.
· Maintain website content to ensure reports and resource guides are current and meet legislative compliance.
· Have a solid understanding of ESD policies, procedures and programs and initiatives offered not only by ESD but other federal, state and local agencies and connect constituents with relevant programs and services.
· Manage and promote the Business Mentor NY program to increase the participation of mentors and mentees.
· Respond to inquiries and handle small business responses to constituent correspondence from Governor’s Office.
· Build, maintain and strengthen relationships, alliances and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Assist with special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in policy research, analysis and communications, program implementation, public administration, business administration, or a related field. Experience in and knowledge about the life science industry are required.
Must be a facile writer with outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information effectively and quickly for different audiences. Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with strong follow up skills. Ability to navigate ambiguity is essential. Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities and effectively anticipate needs of management. Must be a creative problem solver, diplomatic, tenacious, and effective. Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. Excellent presentation preparation skills. Must be able to work well collaboratively and independently.
The Assistant Director provides strategic and tactical support to the Life Science Initiative, working closely with the Senior Vice President overseeing New York State’s $620 million Life Science Initiative and with…
Comprehensive benefits package.
Comprehensive benefits package.