Support all aspects of access to capital programs and assist in the administration of existing small business grant and loan programs. Assist with program design and, based upon experience, assist in policy discussions as it pertains to supporting New York State’s small businesses.
· Support access to capital programs and other small business programs, including securing internal approval of program loans and grants, ensuring participating lenders adhere to all aspects of written agreements, tracking and reporting on program activity, and providing support to program participants, as needed.
· General support of a portfolio of 80-100 active grants and some loans, including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, preparation of Grant Disbursement Agreements, compiling and reviewing information, and preparing directors approval documents and contracts.
· Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design & Construction, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
· Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, and manage grant disbursements, including coordination with internal contacts and grantees.
· Attend meetings, as needed, with lenders, small businesses and other relevant players.
· Create and maintain project tracking database and other tracking systems.
· Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as conducting research, ensuring compliance with funding requirements, and managing data.
· Assists in the development of program criteria, operating procedures, reporting mechanisms, and other procedures to insure the efficient and productive operation of programs.
· Prepare reports, spreadsheets and analysis of data collected regarding program information. Assist in preparing annual reports as prescribed by statute and regulation. Ensure that all information included is accurate prior to forwarding to senior management for approval.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree.
Equivalent Experience required: Minimum 1-3 years administrative, accounting, customer service experience, economic development, government, planning, public administration, or related business or not-for-profit area, with proven project management experience.
Knowledge required: Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational and customer service skills. Meticulous attention to detail, solid judgement, and independent follow through are highly important. Strong knowledge and expertise in MS Word, Excel, and database management. Interest in pursuing a career in economic development and policy.
Support all aspects of access to capital programs and assist in the administration of existing small business grant and loan programs. Assist with program design and, based upon experience, assist in policy discussions as…
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Comprehensive Benefits Package