Senior Finance and Procurement Assistant
- Oportunidad de empleo publicado(a) por Organización Internacional para las Migraciones IOM
Tipo de contrato
Fecha límite de postulación
1046 Avenida Callao
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Position Title: Senior Finance and Procurement Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and of the Resource Management Officer (RMO), and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Senior Finance and Procurement Assistant will be in charge of the budgeting and finances of a two-year EU funded Project for the strengthening of the Syria Program in Argentina; ensuring the proper application and compliance with the financial and administrative rules that apply to the donor and to IOM internal procedures:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Process and verify financial transactions in the IOM accounting system (SAP-based) for the assigned user roles for the IOM offices in Buenos Aires in line with IOM financial regulations.
2. Provide day-to-day administrative and financial monitoring for the successful management of the project.
3. Assist in closing the monthly accounts through PRISM by ensuring all transactions are recorded in a timely fashion.
4. Maintain accounting records in accordance with IOM and donors accounting rules and procedures.
5. Check payment requests and coordinate relevant and timely payments to providers and partners, taking into consideration the Organization’s and donors’ financial rules and regulations.
6. Coordinate the reconciliation and monthly closure of the project.
7. Prepare billing for projects as required and follow up on collection of funds.
8. Prepare the financial reports to be submitted to the donor, as well as other financial information required the Project Manager and/or the Steering Committee of the project.
9. Collect and analyze the required financial information of the UN implementing partner
10. Ensure the systematic filing, completeness and correctness of all accounting documents and related supporting documents.
11. Review and monitor UN and non-UN implementing partners’ financial reporting and compliance. Provide additional technical assistance to project partners as necessary to maintain high standards of compliance.
12. Monitor expenditures to verify they remain within the authorized budget and suggest necessary adjustments.
13. Collect, review, record and prioritize purchasing requests; identify and participate in evaluation of service providers; solicit bids, quotations and tender documents; coordinate bidding processes; prepare purchase orders and service agreements/contracts, and follow up on the timely delivery of goods/services.
14. Suggest improvements to existing internal controls in order to safeguard the project’s financial assets
15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
-Knowledge of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or the International Financial Reporting -Standards (IFRS) is an advantage;
-Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (preferably SAP/IOM PRISM) is a distinct advantage;
-Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications;
-Experience in European Union programs is a must (exclusive).
University degree in Business Administration or related field, with at least four years of relevant professional experience in finance and accounting;
School diploma with six years of relevant professional experience in finance and accounting.
Nivel de idiomas
Fluency in English & Spanish is required.
Nivel mínimo de educación