American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 18 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
Overview of Team
AJWS has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated, thoughtful and organized individual to contribute to the Strategic Learning, Research and Evaluation (SLRE) division. The division is responsible for driving a robust, meaningful, and innovative learning agenda that will increase AJWS’s capacity for understanding and refining its impact and becoming a leader in the field of human rights learning and evaluation. Collaborating closely with staff in all divisions, the SLRE team ensures that learning practices are embedded in the culture and that we are always eliciting the best work to realize our theory of change.
Reporting to the Vice President for SLRE the Senior Program Officer will lead the maintenance and implementation of AJWS’s routine strategy monitoring and learning systems. This will include ensuring complete and accurate data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, developing reports and other products to disseminate analysis and facilitate uptake of findings, as well as process review and improvement efforts. They will collaborate with staff and other key stakeholders to support the strategic learning, research and evaluation framework for AJWS. They will lead development of and reporting on monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans for all institutional grants. They will contribute substantively to commissioning evaluations and facilitating learning processes. They will also participate in frequent formal and informal collaborations across the organization.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to become deeply engaged on creative and strategic work with the SLRE division. The ideal person for this position will have a deep commitment and experience related to AJWS's mission and strategic learning, research, monitoring, and evaluation. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate critical-thinking, analytical and management skills, and attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Lead strategy monitoring systems development, implementation, and staff training to enable more efficient processes both within the SLRE Division and in its work across divisions, collaborating closely with colleagues in IT to manage development, implementation, and improvements
· Oversight of strategy monitoring including qualitative and quantitative data collection, cleaning, coding, and ongoing analysis, contributing to learning and facilitating critical conversations with Programs staff and other organizational stakeholders, including SLRE team
· Design, plan, execute, and/or support workshops, processes, process-reviews, or other learning engagements, including PD SLRE retreats
· Project management, including management of external consultants for technical support and/or evaluations
· Review and/or prepare monitoring & evaluation (M&E) reports / products and data for organizational reports such as the annual report; respond to all requests for SLRE related data from grants management system
· Translate research and M&E data into easily accessible findings for non-technical audiences
· Lead M&E framework design and reporting for institutionally funded grants
· Commission external evaluations: engage staff in conceptualizing evaluation questions, lead recruitment process to identify appropriate consultants, onboard and manage consultant per timeline, provide technical reviews and feedback, facilitate active engagement of Programs staff throughout process, and facilitate Programs staff uptake of evaluation findings
· Support SLRE’s divisional activities including staff onboarding, retreats, team meetings, and budget preparation and management
· Represent AJWS’s work at conferences and other relevant external spaces
· Participate in organizational working groups and/or initiatives launched by working groups to contribute to organizational improvement and cross divisional learning
ALL SLRE team members are expected to actively participates on the SLRE team to leverage each team member’s strengths and expertise to demonstrate commitment to customer service and maximize our contribution; contribute to the development of SLRE strategy, including principles, processes, and policies; represent SLRE internally, ensuring principles, processes, and policies are understood and taken up; participate internally on cross-divisional and organizational initiatives; represent AJWS with peer funders in external evaluation spaces; stay abreast of SLRE field learning; contribute to all administrative SLRE functions (budget management, contract management, consultant recruitment and management, etc.)
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in…
· AJWS is committed to a salary framework that aligns with our culture and values. The compensation range reflected is in alignment with our framework and individual pay decisions will vary based on skills and experience while still allowing for growth.
· Paid Time Off: 15-22 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
· Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
· 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
· Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
· AJWS is committed to a salary framework that aligns with our culture and values. The compensation range reflected is in alignment with our framework and individual pay decisions…
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
As an organization committed to promoting social justice around the world, it is essential that we incorporate a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens into all aspects of our work at AJWS. We encourage applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also…