SOS Children's Villages USA ("SOS-USA") is the United States philanthropic affiliate of a large worldwide Federation, SOS Children's Villages International. A public charity, SOS-USA draws revenue from sponsors of children and villages, sustainers, major donors, foundations, and corporations, across direct mail, digital and direct cultivation.
SOS-USA seeks a creative, insightful, diligent individual to fulfill the critical role of Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will aid in supporting the department's multichannel fundraising processes associated with the organization's fundraising database. This position serves as the manager of core data and analyst researching philanthropy data in support of the development team.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for donor analytics across our variety of support methods.
- Using tools within our own software (ie FRNow) as well as other available tools (ie. Wealth Engine, Foundation Center, DevEx), to develop insights into donor giving patterns, practices, and capacity, to enhance the donor experience and opportunity to give.
- Develops prospect profiles, giving reports, and donor analyses using donor research intelligence to feed and support the Major Giving and Corporate and Foundation pipelines.
- Key role in cultivating our "giving pyramid", growing our base and assisting Directors in migrating supporters up the pyramid.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested in support of initiatives across Sponsorship, Sustainer, Individual & Major Giving, and Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Assists with assurance of data integrity and in maintenance of data and related donor records, materials, correspondence.
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our constituent data, working closely with the Senior Manager, Business Systems & Processes and the Development Operations Assistant, consulting with team on operations, initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Creates dynamic dashboards for the team and individual staff members.
- Provides support with data monitoring, data quality improvements, reporting and internal client management.
- Produces acknowledgement letters for mid and major-level donors on a weekly basis.
- Ensures all documentation and workflow processes remain up to date.
- Provides administrative coordination for the Board of Directors and support for the office, including, but not limited to phones, equipment maintenance and contracts.
- Commit to aspire for and maintain, report, and respond to the required conduct of the Child Protection Policy of SOS International. (Safeguarding children - SOS Children's Villages International (sos-childrensvillages.org))
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience working in a donor database.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Experience in data and analytics and a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
This is a hybrid position that shares responsibility for the maintenance of the Washington, DC office.
SOS Children's Villages is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity - in backgrounds and in experience. We encourage all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.