About South Lane Mental Health:
Located in Cottage Grove, Oregon, South Lane Mental Health is guided by an enduring commitment to provide individualized mental health services with compassion and respect. South Lane Mental Health’s staff of almost 100 provided a variety of therapeutic services to over 2,000 individuals in Cottage Grove and the surrounding community. Our employees have a wide range of backgrounds, educational attainment and skill sets. We strive to create an agency community characterized by empowerment, compassion and innovation.
About the Position:
The Substance Use Disorders Specialist provides assessments, diagnoses, case management and individual and group counseling to clients with a primary diagnosis of a Substance Use Disorder.
- Provide ASAM 6 Dimension assessments, determine diagnosis and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions with clients of SLMH’s Recovery Program, including adolescents starting at the age of 14.
- Understand and plan intervention strategies for a variety of individuals, utilizing knowledge of a variety of therapeutic models and theories from a harm reduction lens that meets the individual where they’re at.
- Monitor individual progress and make changes to the therapeutic approach and best practice and evidence based interventions based on individual’s response to treatment.
- Work collaboratively with the individual and appropriate others to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses priority needs of the individual, desired treatment outcomes, an agreed upon plan of action, and reassessment.
- Assist with providing an appropriate milieu and supports for successful recovery, including providing assistance with ensuring clients are meeting basic needs such as food and shelter, including coordinating and cooperating with local agencies and organizations necessary to expedite treatment for each individual.
- Understand that many clients have been traumatized and strive to constantly provide services from a respectful, trauma-informed perspective.
- Maintain HIPPA compliancy through strict client confidentiality as required by 42 CFR Part 2.
- Complete all required paperwork, including notes on each session, group and individual client paperwork, as well as assessments within the allotted time frame.
- Meet requirements regarding productivity and dependability.
- Coordinate with co-workers and treatment teams, including participating in complex case reviews as necessary and weekly team meetings.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision, as well as team and staff meetings.
- Engage in continuing education activities and trainings, and continually building therapeutic skills.
- Participate in completeness and quality reviews as required.
- As required, positively represent SLMH in the community and with other service providers, and/or act as a liaison with other organizations or with internal committees/cross-departmental teams.
- Perform all duties in a respectful and responsible manner, both with clients and coworkers, and in a manner that meets all professional ethical standards.
Please complete the application at www.slmh.org/careers
Resume and Cover letter are required. No phone calls, please.