Position Summary: Manage day-to-day Main Office front desk and office operations. Performs receptionist duties by answering telephone, greeting visitors, taking and delivering messages and maintaining office appearance. Assist staff with administrative and clerical duties as needed.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office. Notify appropriate staff of visitors.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Manage internal and external package deliveries.
- Order office and kitchen supplies and keep inventory of stock; working closely with Accounting/Procurement Coordinator on purchases.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Assist EVPs/VPs with scheduling, preparation of materials for committee meetings, presentation materials and other administrative duties as needed.
- Assist with conference room/call assignments and set ups as needed.
- Order food/beverages for meetings as requested.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as photocopying, sorting, filing, and data entry, for Main Office staff as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate front desk coverage schedules.
- Maintain and troubleshoot postage meter, copiers, and printers.
- Act as main point of contact for all Club-Main Office communications, as needed.
- Manage the general BGCB email info account and distribute or respond to messages as appropriate.
- Manage and update general BGCB voicemail/message service for updates as needed. Receive and distribute messages accordingly.
- Ensure office common areas are tidy and presentable.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. copiers, fax machines, printers).
- Professional and personable attitude and appearance. Strong customer service skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong reasoning skills including the ability to solve practical day-to-day problems and use good judgment in dealing with multiple variables.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.