RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA Inquilinos Boricuas en Accin empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
IBA's Youth Development Program fosters social-emotional, intellectual and artistic growth in young people between 14 and 18 years old, while helping them develop 21st century skills to be successful in life. The program provides academic support, job readiness, arts education, financial empowerment, leadership training, civic engagement and advocacy opportunities.
JOB SUMMARY: The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible to overseeing the daily operations of an award winning, high-quality creative youth development program. IBA's Youth Development Program hires peer leaders from across Boston and operates a highly engaging art curriculum, while supporting youth holistically by creating a supportive community, running life skills and financial literacy workshops, while providing opportunities for civic engagement and community service. The Youth Program Coordinator will be expected to work with the team in shaping, managing, and promoting an effective, quality afterschool arts social justice program. Reports to the Director of Youth Development Programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management & Operations
- Maintain and shape youth development program in direct collaboration with Youth Development team and the Youth Development Programs Director.
- Work with other Program Coordinators to oversee day-to-day operations of the teen program, including recruitment, enrollment, payroll, attendance, and family engagement.
- Meet regularly with the other Youth Program Coordinator to co-plan weekly workshops, address youth needs, and manage data and assessment.
- Work with external teaching staff to provide critical feedback, resources and support (as needed)
- Develop teaching staff orientations, facilitate staff trainings and monthly meetings around effective youth development practices.
- Coordinate end of year and summer youth showcase, special events, and youth performances.
- Coordinate Friday enrichment activities with Youth Development team, to include college visits, community service opportunities, field trips, and events.
- Coordinate a weekly 1:1 check-in session with participants and document case notes for each interaction.
Creative Instruction & Youth Support
- Create and maintains a safe space for teens, implementing strategies for social emotional wellbeing, utilize case management strategies, and refer youth to appropriate social services as needed.
- Coordinate and support 1:1 or group academic support sessions with participants as needed.
- Track and manage youth hours, attendance, and payroll.
- Work with team to develop and implement program curriculum, including weekly art workshops that explore one or more mediums, as well as Life Skills workshops which include college and career exploration, goal setting, budgeting, healthy relationships, etc.
- Consult with contracted teachers to ensure that their lesson plans fit into the annual curricular framework.
- Build and foster healthy communication with participants caregivers and/or school officials to ensure maximum amount of support throughout academic and/or summer cycles.
- Help plan and identify citywide opportunities for youth to be civically engaged in their communities.
- In collaboration with the Director of Youth Development Programs and the Senior Program Director, develops work plan, objectives and targets based on IBA's mission and overall strategy.
- Collaborates with other IBA programs as required to grow and develop the youth program.
- Attend trainings, forums, and conferences for professional growth.
- Foster partnerships and relationships with other youth arts and advocacy organizations, community stakeholders, artists and educators.
- Represent the agency at internal and external meetings as needed.
- Maintain daily, bi-weekly, monthly and annual data regarding youth participation, referrals, length of stays in program, outputs, outcomes, organization surveys, goal tracking, case notes etc.
- Participate fully in the organization of annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Carry out other duties as needed.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Education, Humanities, Arts, Social Work or related field, preferred.
- Three or more years of direct experience working with urban youth in a youth development and/or arts context preferred.
- Experience and/or knowledge working in community-based settings, in South End/Lower Roxbury neighborhood, preferred.
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships within the youth arts field.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Passion for the arts, social justice, and civic engagement and belief in the power of the arts to empower and engage youth.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- High degree of computer literacy with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data based software applications.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with grace.
- A creative thinker with a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Experience and passion for working with youth, in an urban community with a diverse population.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Able to work Flexible Schedule.
- Boston residents encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to https://ibaboston.isolvedhire.com/ or:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Accin / Job Postings
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118