The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is seeking a Senior Creative Design Specialist. NAEYC is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. NAEYC advances a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and supports all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
The role of the Senior Creative Design Specialist is to consistently create design solutions for print and digital content with a high visual impact that support the NAEYC brand within established standards, working with the Senior Creative Design Manager for direction, concepts, and execution. This position will also be tasked with implementing new approaches to digital design and publishing at the organization.
- Plays a leading role in the design and layout of the Association's books and two periodicals, Young Children and Teaching Young Children. This includes creating layouts and selecting imagery that supports the Association's graphic identity, while also helping maintain the production' schedules
- Plays a key role in the development of the Association's print and online media, with an emphasis on new approaches to enhancing NAEYC's digital presence and digital publishing operation. Work closely with the marketing, digital, and internal teams to develop new approaches to design solutions. Design of digital materials including e-mails, web graphics, digital marketing campaigns, providing web support from a UX/UI perspective
- Contributes with designs for conferences including programs, graphic identities, and marketing collateral. Initiates cross-departmental collaboration and plays a positive role in an organization-wide effort to take a more creative and innovative approach to design.
- In conjunction with department leader's vision, is responsible for implementing and executing effective graphic design systems and processes that ensure timely completion of high-quality products. Explores and understands new mediums and stays abreast of trends in graphic design technology. Ensures timely delivery of products
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logistically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- 4 - 6 years of design experience that demonstrate a high standard of versatility in design in both digital and print. Agency or design studio experience preferred.
- Experience working within a structured graphic design production workflow.
- Strong knowledge of industry tools including Adobe Creative Cloud CC, namely InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver, and more.
- A working portfolio that demonstrates a broad knowledge of print and digital experience with examples of award-winning caliber design
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Drupal preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Exceptional communication skills as well as a current and evolving working experience in digital design (microsites, digital publications, email, web, video, postproduction). Ability to work on several production/design projects simultaneously, while maintaining an eye for detail.
- Project management and coordination skills
- Skilled editorial and writing experience
- Proven ability to collaborate with other communications departments (e.g. marketing, digital, conference)
- Proven track record in delivering products on time and on budget.
- Ability to problem solve and work flexibly within a team.