The Chief People and Inclusion Officer is responsible for the development and administration of all HR
policies and processes including recruitment, compensation, benefits, HR records, training and development,
employee/labor relations and DEIB. The Chief People and Inclusion Officer is a member of the Executive
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for being the organization’s culture leader to further the development of Belong @ JASA (our DEIB Strategic Plan) by implementing our strategy and core values that results in a culture at JASA that values DEIB;
- Develop and implement recruitment and hiring practices that advance JASA’s commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Partner with the Executive Team and senior leaders to identify, develop, prioritize, and implement key HR initiatives that will support and drive org-wide strategies, goals and programs;
- Drive organization-wide engagement efforts to maximize employee satisfaction, productivity and retention;
- Plans, develops and implements strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment, HR policies, employee discipline counseling, salary levels, employee benefits, and training for all local offices, new staff and board members’ orientation);
- Monitors, measures and reports on HR issues such as staffing budget compliance, employee turnover, program staffing, performance evaluation in an effort to track, collect and distribute quantitative data on retention, vacancies, employee engagement, etc.
- Investigates complaints, including discrimination or harassment, and resolves in accordance with applicable law, CBAs and JASA policy;
- Responsible for managing the annual Feedback & Support Performance Review process for all staff and the ongoing review, evaluation and enhancement of all performance management practices, procedures and protocols. Provide consultation to management and staff on all phases of talent management, including succession management, internal promotions, on-going coaching, mid-year review and year-end reviews.
- Liaise with the collective bargaining unit and play a key role in negotiations, relationship building and CBA administration;
- With support of the HR Director, manages and directs activities of subordinate HR staff and volunteers through significant interaction with all levels of staff, vendors, and applicants;
- Develops, manages and controls departmental expenditures and adheres to established budget;
- Represents JASA in contract negotiations, grievance hearings, arbitrations, labor/management meetings and other meetings with bargaining unit officials;
- Interprets and explains policies and procedures to program managers, employees and applicants;
- Oversees the employee Benefits plans for all JASA staff, while proactively seeking out new Benefits to offer employees. This includes annual benefits open enrollment process, new employee enrollments, annual renewals, Workers Compensation, 403B, pension, disability claims, and problem resolution; oversees monthly New Hire Employee Orientation Meetings;
- Plans, implements and conducts or coordinates training activities for JASA management and administrative staff;
- Stay current on all relevant local/state/federal laws and revise policies, training, processes, etc. in order to ensure timely and comprehensive compliance;
- With support from the Finance Department, maintains org-wide position control and budget worksheets;
- Oversees all phases of the recruitment process. This includes supervising Recruiter/Recruitment team, monitoring of the authorization process; helping with development/revision of job descriptions; researching cost effective recruitment sources; approving finalist candidates/offers & conducting interviews;
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a HR generalist/management role;
- Graduate of an accredited university with Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study/SHRM Certification preferred;
- Computer literacy, including current Microsoft and Google applications, plus ability to learn/apply additional programs, as needed; knowledge of HRIS/Payroll systems software (i.e. ADP);
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion;
- Ability to efficiently set priorities, meet deadlines, work on several projects at once;
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills. Ability to write reports, memos, present and facilitate meetings, etc. clearly and concisely;
- Managerial, coaching, mentoring and supervisory experience with solid interpersonal skills;
- Superior listening and influencing skills with the ability to build trust, credibility and collaborate with all levels of the organization;
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail as well as the bigger picture; must be results- and metrics-driven;
- Expertise in policy development, implementation and administration; knowledge of labor and employment laws, regulations and their application;
- Experience in unionized/non-profit environments and organizations with minimum 100+ employees;
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving employees and families;
- Position requires working some in office days, evenings and weekends, plus travel throughout the metropolitan NYC area; however there is also flexibility to work remotely.
Rate: $180,000.00 - $200,000.00 annually
JASA Promotes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
JASA is passionate about fostering an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
We commit to promote equity across all lines of difference including race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national origin, and disability.
We best support independent, engaged lives of meaning and social connection for aging and vulnerable New Yorkers when we create a work environment that honors and reflects the voices, perspectives, and experiences of all JASA employees and the communities we serve.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment