- Oportunidad de empleo publicado(a) por Organización Internacional para las Migraciones IOM
Tipo de contrato
Fecha límite de postulación
1046 Avenida Callao
I. Position Information
Position title: Communications Assistant
Position grade: G4 – 20 hours a week
Duty station: IOM Argentina
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Argentina and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinater and the Communications Officer, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a Visibility and Communication Plan for a two-year EU funded project for the strengthening of the Syria Program in Argentina
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Assist the implementation of a visibility and communication plan for the Project, in coordination with the UN counterpart and the government, following the UE guidelines and the Visibility Manual.
2. Assist in the elaboration of a Visibility and Communication Manual for the Project in Argentina.
3. Assist the maintenance of a network of relationships with, local, national and international media including management of a comprehensive media contacts database.
4. Work in close coordination with the Communication Officer in organizing events, press conferences, and producing materials and contents for the communication and dissemination of the activities implemented under the Project (in Spanish and in English).
5. Work in close coordination with the CO and RO Media and Communication Officers to fulfil the IOM communication standards
6. Work closely with community radio and local media in Argentina to disseminate the results of the project activities.
7. In line with the Communication and Visibility Plan, coordinate timely and efficient publication and distribution of media content related to the project on the global website of IOM, country website and via other IOM media channels, websites, social media etc, as well as other channels defined by the Plan.
8. Support a proper design for all communication materials developed for the project.
9. Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure that there is appropriate gender awareness in all IOM communications.
10. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Communications, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• School diploma with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Substantial and proven experience in the design of communication materials and awareness campaigns.
• Experience in the elaboration of communication strategies, preferably for an UN or governmental agency.
• Knowledge and experience in using social media and designing programs.
• Excellent writing and oral skills in Spanish and English
• Experience working in projects funded by UE program.
• Prior experience working i for different social projects, as the strengthening of social inclusion and the promotion of rights of migrants and refugee
Nivel de idiomas
Required (specify the required knowledge):
Spanish and English (fluent)
Nivel mínimo de educación