- Bachelor's (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Required)
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary: From $100,000 per year
Location: Newport Beach, CA
COVID Vaccination Requirement: Must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be considered for this position.
Simon Scholars is a unique scholarship program that begins at the end of a student’s sophomore year in high school and continues through the completion of college. It is designed to help students facing difficult life and economic circumstances to excel academically and socially so they can successfully complete a 4-year college degree and pursue a meaningful career.
Simon Scholars is poised to grow the number of students served in the next five years, and we are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and strategic leader to manage the Simon Scholars program through this significant growth. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this position will oversee the program management team and support the directors.
The Managing Director of Programs will support & lead the program team and aspects of program design at Simon Scholars. They will ensure innovative, high-quality programs that are researched-based and standards aligned to meet the needs of our students' success toward college, college graduation & career readiness. In addition, this position provides leadership and guidance for organization-wide data management & program evaluations.
Dedicated to the Simon Scholars mission, the Managing Director of Programs, is a confident and competent leader who is skilled at representing the organization. This position must have expert knowledge of the selective college admission and financial aid process; experience working with students through academic plans; experience and commitment to working with families; college retention, persistence and graduation strategies; and a deep understanding of the experiences of low-income and first-generation college student populations. Moreover, this leader excels at engaging in effective collaboration within teams to support a culture of operational excellence.
Finally, this position will be committed to leading our team to provide the highest quality of service to students and will be able to support the growth and development of our staff. The Managing Director will lead Simon Scholars’ work to help students successfully select, enroll in, matriculate and graduate from their post secondary studies to positively impact their communities through a meaningful career.
For priority consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter by May 20th, 2022.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Ensure high-quality, cutting edge program design, learning/educational model integration & implementation that aligns with known best practices for engaging students.
- Implement strategic expansion into new schools, including high schools and college/university partnerships.
- Develop and implement new programs in alignment to the strategic plan and vision of Simon Scholars.
- Lead the Program Management Team to ensure that our model is implemented with the highest fidelity and that our staff have the support systems necessary to succeed.
- Oversee ongoing professional and leadership development of all program team members.
- Ensures that a data-driven and evidence-based culture guides all programming.
- Ensure that communication and expectations are apparent throughout the program staff.
- Hire program staff and develop the team’s capacity to deliver high-quality services.
- Report and communicate consistently with the Chief Program Officer & Executive Director on implementation of goals, strategy, programming, outcomes, and challenges.
- Ensure that programmatic vision aligns with organizational vision that the Executive Director, Chief Program Officer, and Board of Directors hold and are aligned with strategic plan.
- Keep up to date with district policies and programs that align, inform, and impact our program and the students/schools/families we serve.
- Foster and strengthen relationships with community partners and education advocates.
- Establish partnerships to drive support/resources for our students, families, high school and college/university partners.
- Analyze trends in student progress & performance data for internal and external stakeholders, and makes recommendations for strategic programmatic solutions to support cohesive alignment toward student achievement.
- Provide leadership & support for data & evaluation projects.
- Maintain an informed pulse on program implementation/effectiveness through regular field engagement, site visits, program observations, assessments, and analysis of program data & evaluations.
- Provide reports/presentations on program design and impact.
- Represent Simon Scholars in strategic local, state-wide and national program conversations.
- Other duties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field from four-year college or university required; Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years experience in education/college readiness, access or persistence required.
- 7+ years experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Expertise in the college admission and financial aid process, particularly as it relates to first generation, low-income, and students of color.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to lead presentations and workshops.
- Highly skilled relationship-builder, who is able to build trusting relationships with colleagues, high school students, families, guidance counselors, college admissions professionals and community stakeholders/partners.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ability to leverage technology through a digital learning model to support students and the Simon Scholars team.
- Excellent people management skills, and ability to coach and develop a team towards ambitious goals.
- Excellent workflow management skills and the ability to evaluate outcomes and make data-informed decisions.
- A track record of skillful program planning, implementation, and management including work plan and budget development.
- Excellent training or facilitation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; comfort speaking in public forums.
- Experience using data to inform program oversight, management and quality improvement.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance