Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
- Provide high-level operational and administrative support to DREAM's co-Chief Executive Officers (co-CEOs);
- Responsible for strategic calendar management, including scheduling meetings, coordinating recurring check-ins, updating attendees and communicating across multiple organizations to schedule events for co-CEOs;
- Complete invoicing, expense reports, reimbursements, and travel arrangements for individuals and groups;
- Act as the project coordinator and lead logistics for leadership meetings, including all-staff meetings, board meetings, and funder visits (scheduling, food, space, technology set-up, etc.);
- Manage visitor requests and questions;
- Edit internal and external correspondence and materials, as needed;
- Support co-CEOs before and after key meetings with reminders about content and action items and tracking follow-up items;
- Support co-CEOs with occasional personal tasks, as needed;
- Build meaningful and trusting relationships with staff, scholars and families to facilitate positive scholar outcomes and contribute to a high-performing school culture;
- Lead additional projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in administrative work;
- Experience in education and/or non-profit settings, preferred;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with a solutions-oriented attitude;
- A strong work ethic, supported by commitment and airtight follow-up and follow-through;
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Organized, proactive and detail-oriented with superior time management and troubleshooting skills;
- Impeccable integrity, including the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/Z4JaZyUXBbVpC1N4C6o1N" />