IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Across the Midwest we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, affordable housing developers, and healthy food grocery operators. Staff contribute extensive business experience and an unrivaled connection to the mission of IFF to the clients we serve.
IFF is looking for candidates with a commitment to the work we do who can demonstrate their creativity, diligence, enthusiasm, growth-mindset, thoughtfulness, and passion to make meaningful change in the areas of economic and racial justice.
Our staff of more than 100 professionals works from our Chicago headquarters, and we also serve the Midwest from six regional offices: Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO; Columbus, OH; and Milwaukee, WI with Grand Rapids, MI and Cleveland, OH, offices opening in 2021.
Basic Job Function
Provide the organization with technical support for computer, telephone, and business systems by keeping them updated and operating correctly. Assist with maintaining systems. Participates in projects led by the IT department under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology. Provide initial on-boarding training on network, systems, and telephone system.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to inquiries and requests for support from staff in main and regional offices via the organization’s service desk system. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software user issues. Maintain necessary updates and patches to user hardware and software environment. Documents and logs user incidents and generates reports and course of action taken.
- Image and configure new user hardware for deployment. Update computer golden image as system and software needs change within the organization.
- Supports companywide videoconferencing system and deploys new telephones and coordinates training for staff.
- Performs and monitors daily data back-ups and perform data restores of accidental deletion, missing or corrupt files from backup.
- Oversees and participates in the customization and testing and deployment of modifications, customizations, and updates to systems.
- Keeps Director of IT and CFO apprised of progress through regular updates or meetings.
- Manages cloud platform/subscription-based services; MS SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Microsoft 365 and Teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of customer service and communications across the organization; including response times within industry norms and computer related troubleshooting is identified and corrected on a timely basis for all staff.
- Maintain computer performance; backup and security patches are identified and resolved in a timely manner to ensure maximum productivity, daily back-ups completed successfully, and aborted or incomplete jobs are addressed immediately to retain integrity of network data.
- Maintain telephone system and ensure works consistently with no interruption or loss of voice mail service; Videoconferencing and conference calls work consistently.
- Employees are trained on business systems and software and timely responses to questions and concerns.
- Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers and team members.
- Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
- High level of satisfaction with both internal colleagues and external contacts.
Education: Two years or more college level coursework in computer science, computer information systems, networking, computer programming or system analysis. Certified in CompTiA A+ or CompTIA Network+ is desirable. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Previous Experience: One or more years of related experience in enterprise user support, preferably in the nonprofit or financial services sector.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of organizational and detail skills.
- Great oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and respond quickly to developments.
- Experience in Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Virtual Desktop, Adobe Acrobat, and front-end experience supporting VOIP telephone systems.
- Experience with videoconferencing and other related communication systems.
- Ability to think creatively about problems.
Unusual Requirements: Ability to lift PC and server equipment and some overtime required.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements with “Help Desk Technician” in the subject line.
IFF values equity, diversity, and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.