Reporting to: SVP of Communications
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
As part of the Communications Team, the Digital Marketing Manager will create content, increase engagement and help scale the community for the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights social media channels and help support RFKHR’s President & CEO’s platforms as well. We’re looking for a self-starter who is well-versed in social media, an outstanding writer, and someone who is a passionate advocate for human rights. Working closely with the SVP of Communications, this role will have the opportunity to support development efforts, increase the reach for live events, and collaborate with program leads to construct persuasive digital advocacy campaigns. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a starting background in communications and digital marketing who is looking to take the next step in their career and grow within the human rights and communications world!
- Produce dynamic video and graphic content and write engaging content for our RFKHR Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Instagram pages, and curate our YouTube channel.
- Work collaboratively with our Editorial Director on creating content and managing Kerry Kennedy’s social media channels.
- Oversee social listening and community engagement.
- Create internal and external social media toolkits for development campaigns, marquee organizational events, and key initiatives.
- Broadcast special events via Socialive through connected YouTube, Twitter, etc. channels
- Coordinate monthly, weekly, and daily content calendars, capitalizing on key Robert Kennedy legacy anniversaries, and including programming, posting.
- Track and analyze and regularly report on KPIs across all social channels.
- Flag industry best practices.
- Do your part in keeping our operations running smoothly - tracking your hours and submitting timecards in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years of working experience in social media marketing;
- A strong interest in growing a career within the human rights and communications space;
- A demonstrated passion for RFKHR’s mission and demonstrated commitment to community-centered advocacy;
- Professional proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, Google Suite, HootSuite, Lumen5, Adobe InDesign, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube;
- Strong digital marketing writing, content marketing, and editing skills;
- Experience working in diverse environments working with content that reflects equity as a core value is highly preferred;
- Ability to communicate social justice issues for various audiences in an ethical and equitable way;
- Ability to crunch numbers and utilize systems such as Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets;
- Self-starter who is proactive and eager to continue growing in the social sphere;
- Strong attention to detail and able to scope out errors, including a willingness to own and fix mistakes;
- Exceptional time management, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Self-starter who shows strong initiative and is committed to growth and reaching goals;
- Innovative thinking, willingness to voice your opinions, and a strong work ethic are essential;
- Strong judgment in effectively and strategically navigating varying relationships and collaborative environments;
- A resourceful, creative problem-solver and solutions-finder who can collaborate with various community leaders, and can adapt on-the-go for best results;
- Strong sense of teamwork that builds positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, and a willingness to help others;
- Believes in inclusivity when working with colleagues with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Experience working with videography and editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, etc.;
- Experience in running and executing social media advertising campaigns;
- Experience communicating human rights & social justice issues for US and international audiences;
- Experience working in newsrooms/journalism.
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer and believes we are stronger and more effective by working internally and externally with people of all abilities, diverse backgrounds, and a range of perspectives, particularly those who have historically been marginalized or underrepresented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool. If you're in need of an accommodation at any time during the application and hiring process please contact us by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subj. line "Accommodation Request". Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Having documents in alternate formats or read aloud
- Having interviews in a more accessible location/format