The Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst will sit within Amnesty USA’s Inclusion and Strategic Innovation Department and will conduct and deliver evaluations (Impact and Learning Reviews) of organizational thematic focus areas and tactics, spanning across membership engagement, grassroots advocacy, and Amnesty’s human rights campaigns. Evaluations will entail quantitative and qualitative data collection, rigorous analysis, report write-up, and data visualization to ensure that information is thoroughly considered and presented in a way is that is understandable for all relevant stakeholders. The Analyst will also provide capacity-building support to institutionalize learnings from various Reviews through trainings, debriefs, conferences and other internal fora. In addition, the Analyst will also support the Impact & Learning Director and other department staff on other monitoring and evaluation, data management and analysis, reporting, and planning efforts as needed. This position is a 6-month fixed term position.
*This position is temporary, for a duration of 6 months.*
- Design and implement Impact and Learning reviews through mixed-methods techniques, incorporating both quantitative and qualitative data for evaluation inquiry.
- Analyze quantitative survey data in Excel and statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS) and provide both descriptive and advanced statistical assessments.
- Analyze qualitative data in the form of interviews and focus group discussions for cross-cutting themes.
- Apply data visualization techniques to create charts and graphs that present quantitative information through cutting-edge practices from the MEL field.
- Implement survey administration processes for all MEL surveys to schedule their dissemination, reminders, and close-out.
- Create resources, tools, and executive summaries of MEL content for organizational learning and capacity-building purposes.
- Work closely with the Data and Strategy Analyst and other members of the Inclusion and Strategic Innovation department to support data management and analysis, reporting, and planning needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of related work experience involving monitoring and evaluation; data analysis of quantative and qualitative information required.
- Experience with interpreting data from multiple sources, analyzing results using statistical techniques, and presenting findings in reports required.
- Experience managing large datasets and statistical analyses required.
- Masters degree in a social sciences field with a focus on research methods preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and social justice.
- Excellent attention to detail to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Familiarity with applying complex MEL concepts in an effective manner.
- Ability to stay self-motivated, agile, and maintain a sense of humor.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously.