Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Finance Assistant supports the overall role of the Finance Department, in ensuring that the organization operates with timely and accurate financial information, flawless transaction processing, and a balanced operating budget. He/she is responsible for all check deposits and making accurate general ledger entries in NetSuite (“NS”) daily.
The Finance Assistant does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Review and count checks before scanning them to bank
- Deposit checks through a remote scanner daily
- Review daily the check bank deposit and log type of revenue
- Communicate with donors and bank regarding transfer of shares of stocks
- Provide stock notification form with sales information to Donor Services Assistants
- Prepare and disperse daily cash report to the Board Committee Members and upper management
- Assist Donor Services Assistants as needed when large number of checks received
- Record journal entries in NS for gift adjustments coming from RE (i.e., coding errors, refunds, cancellations)
- Reconcile revenue entries in RE and NS with bank account
Rent and Other Income:
- Collect monthly rent, follow-up with tenants who have not paid, prepare journal entries for cash received and prepare monthly rent schedule
- Process and record income for events and mission trips, BoG meetings, Global Forum, and ACCESS meetings
- Reconcile outgoing wire transfers with entries in NS
- Reconcile other income with RE / NS
- Manage petty cash reimbursement process
- Prepare Invoices in A/R for inside meeting, postage and printing for AJC tenants, and prepare journal entry to allocate shared services to internal departments
- Create journal entries for AJC print shop allocation charges monthly
- Serve as back-up to Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer- duties include answering the phone, opening the mail, supporting daily needs of CFO, and acting as AJC’s travel coordinator
- Prepare deferred income journal entries
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to three years of related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Computer skills required: highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and accounting software
- Computer skills required: MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point, Outlook, Internet Explorer, NetSuite and, Raiser’s Edge
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1xegp6d00xe38q/