- Oportunidad de empleo publicado(a) por Organización internacional para las Migraciones
Tipo de contrato
Fecha de inicio
Fecha límite de postulación
Av. Callao 1046
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Argentina and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient support for the implementation of a Visibility and Communication Plan for a two-year EU funded project for the strengthening of the Syria Program in Argentina.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and implement the visibility and communication plan for the Project, in coordination with the UN counterpart and the government, in line with the UE guidelines and the Visibility Manual.
- Participate in the development of the Visibility and Communication Manual for the Project in Argentina.
- Build and maintain a network of local, national and international media including management of a comprehensive media contacts database.
- Work in close coordination with the Senior Communication Officer in organizing events, press conferences, and producing materials and contents for the communication and dissemination of the activities implemented under the Project (in Spanish and in English).
- Work in close coordination with the Country Office and Regional Office Media and Communication Officers to fulfil the IOM communication standards.
- Work closely with community radio and local media in Argentina to disseminate the results of the project activities.
- In line with the Communication and Visibility Plan, coordinate timely and efficient publication and distribution of media content related to the project on the global website of IOM, country website and via other IOM media channels, websites, social media etc, as well as other channels defined by the Plan.
- Support a proper design for all communication materials developed for the project.
- Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure that there is appropriate gender awareness in all IOM communications.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or higher education in Communications, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial and proven experience in the design of communication materials and awareness campaigns.
- Experience in the elaboration of communication strategies, preferably for an UN or governmental agency.
- Knowledge and experience in using social media and designing programs.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience working in projects funded by UE program.
- Prior experience working for different social projects, as the strengthening of social inclusion and the promotion of rights of migrants and refugee.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Nivel de idiomas
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Nivel mínimo de educación
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail: vacanteNO05firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
From 11.10.2018 to 28.10.2018