The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV and related chronic diseases. We envision a world in which people living with HIV and related chronic diseases will thrive, and new HIV infections will be rare. Our work focuses on improving health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, and being a bold voice for change.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist. The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and facilitating the quality assurance, management and improvement of case management programs. The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will assist Housing Program Managers or Directors in managing and monitoring client level data in the database to ensure that eligible clients are retained in care and to ensure ongoing effectiveness of quality services and documentation. The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will also be responsible for participating in the AFC Quality Improvement Team, have oversight for the overall quality and quantity of housing-related services provided, and implement quality assurance measures as related to all housing-related services.
The salary range for this role is $45,000 to $50,000.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Monitoring, Reporting, and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance system for services provided by AFC programs.
- Assist program managers in site visit performance reviews
- Identify subcontractors’ organizational difficulties preventing the accomplishment of service objectives and proper documentation
- Assist subcontractors in creating action plans to address identified barriers and/or issues
- Collaborate with subcontractors to develop Continuous Quality Improvement plans including methodology, philosophy, timeframe, specific indicators; and with referenced policies and procedures; assist in developing methods for maintaining subcontractors' accountability to quality improvement plans
- Assist with updating Quality Improvement policies and procedures for subcontractors to adhere to funder guideline.
- Assist with the development of data quality tools to support AFC staff and partner agency users of AFC database
- Conduct regular chart reviews in AFC’s client level database to ensure case manager data entry compliance
- Travel to all funded agencies with programs staff to conduct annual site visits and to provide intensive technical assistance as needed
- Provide quality assurance-related support to program leads as needed
Systems Quality Improvement
- Use data on measurable outcomes and service quality indicators to develop quality improvement goals and determine progress
- Collaborate with Programs leadership to identify and prioritize client outcomes measures and interventions; monitor agency dashboards
- Assist in the development and implementation of improvement plans
- Monitor trends in service provision and costs for all service categories
Data Governance and Client Services
- Monitor support requests, determine request prioritization, initiate first response, and assign tickets in accordance to service protocols
- Provide formal and informal trainings and technical assistance for staff and partner agency users of AFC databases
- Set up and manage staff and partner agency’s access and utilization to AFC databases
- Assist in supporting governance processes to ensure consistency across all information platforms used by AFC programs
Client-Centered Quality Improvement and Community Accountability
- Collaborate with program team members and partner agencies to support the development of strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving the quality of services delivered
- Assist in the development and execution of innovative procedures for fostering meaningful engagement with clients
- Assist in identifying and establishing new channels for ongoing, direct communication between AFC and clients
- Assist in designing and establishing feedback loop processes for using input from clients to make programmatic changes
- Integrate input from clients, partners, and AFC program staff to identify systems-level changes needed to impact client engagement to care, and to improve client health and quality of life outcomes
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of reports on client feedback across AFC programs to program managers, directors and senior leadership
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new ways to foster a culture of accountability among program staff and partners to clients and communities impacted by AFC’s work
- Participate in working groups and committees
- Support the development and achievement of team goals and related strategic plan items
- Provide subject-matter guidance to other department professionals
- Assist the Data Services team on other Data Services matters as needed
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others
- Maintain and update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in this class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assignment of duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field and 2 or more years of Quality Management experience
- PLUS 1 or more years’ experience using a client-level database (for example, Provide)
- PLUS experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Master’s degree in Social Services or related field and 2 or more years of Quality Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft SQL, Tableau or other data visualization software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The ability to maintain accurate work records and access these records as necessary
- The ability to notice inconsistencies/faults in organizational processes to ensure the quality of services provided by the organization and to prevent further inefficiencies
- Basic knowledge of HIV infection and related chronic diseases. This includes an understanding of the most-impacted populations
- The ability to provide excellent service to internal clients and external stakeholders (e.g., vendors)
- The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all relevant laws and company policies and procedures
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment is representative of that found in a general office environment. Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 10 pounds.) Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and on the telephone.