Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 USD Annually
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 9am to 5pm (or equivalent) Monday to Friday, hybrid remote schedule, with at least one day in the office.
Position Title: Data Analyst
Supervisor: Associate Director of Research & Evaluation
General Description: As part of EMPath's Research & Evaluation (R&E) team, the Data Analyst will report to R&E's Associate Director and work collaboratively with the other team members: Research Associate, Research and Data Manager, and Vice President. Bringing a passion for continuous learning, the Data Analyst will contribute to making sense of and developing actionable insights from the many sources of data collected about Mobility Mentoring programs.
● Generate novel research questions and design methods to address such questions
● Spearhead data-driven learning to improve our programs and services
● Apply statistical and analytic techniques to summarize, model, and forecast information
● Develop customized reports and dashboards
● Improve efficiencies in data processes; write code to automate data auditing and reporting
● Develop systems for regular data quality assurance; ensure data is clean, accurate, and complete; generate appropriate ways to impute or address missing data
● Consult and advise on research projects and analyses across the organization and for external Exchange Member organizations
● Create and provide trainings in data basics for staff at EMPath and our partner organizations
● Lead regular departmental data analysis group meetings
● Assist in administration of Apricot, EMPath's internal database
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., statistics, biostatistics, data sciences, economics, psychology, sociology, public health, evaluation, public administration, social work) with advanced coursework in statistics and research methods, and 2 years’ work experience; or Master’s Degree in relevant field
● Knowledge of research methods, program evaluation, and study design
● Advanced knowledge of statistical modeling (e.g., regression) and model assumptions; experience with longitudinal data analysis and/or propensity score matching is a plus
● Proficiency with R (or other statistical analysis software) for data cleaning, coding, analyses, and visualizations
● Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
● Experience with data management; familiarty with Apricot, ETO, or other SQL-based data management systems is a plus
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
● Passion for EMPath’s mission of promoting upward economic mobility among families experiencing low-income or homelessness
● Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, service-mindset, kindness, and a sense of humor
● Cultural humility and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences
● Comfort in a fast-paced innovative environment; familiarity with data and work culture in a nonprofit setting is a plus
Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. This position may operate remotely, with a minimum of one day per week on site at EMPath’s Downtown Boston office, a semi-open-concept office environment. Standard COVID safety protocols (e.g., vaccinations, masks) are in place. Due to the ongoing changes in the pandemic, hybrid work policy and safety protocols are subject to change.
Cover Letter is required. Applicants will not be considered without one.
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent…