Full-Time - Exempt Position. Hybrid in-office.
Applicant must reside in the Los Angeles Region.
***CCF IS A MANDATORY VACCINATION EMPLOYER***
This position handles contract compliance and administration, including assisting with public private partnerships and foundation grants, project budgets, invoicing, grants management, administrative governmental relationships, fiscal sponsorships, financial analysis, insurance, and audits. At the direction of the Compliance officer, the Compliance Analyst will coordinate with multiple teams including Grants Management, Finance & Legal, and Programs. Assist in maintaining California Community Foundation Compliance Program; guide special projects; provide regulatory interpretation; perform compliance reporting; and develop and implement compliance auditing and monitoring strategies. Serve as a companywide resource and liaison on policies, contract issues and provisions, communications, workflow, and quality improvements initiatives.
- Contract Compliance Policies and Procedures: Assists Compliance Officer with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to contract compliance and budgeting, including processes for grants and vendor subcontracts and financial reporting, monitoring and auditing. Stays current on applicable regulations, including Local, State, Federal rules and regulations, as well as contract compliance, contract budgeting, and common practices in the administration of public funds. Provide development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and work instructions. Assist in the identification, analysis, and resolution of compliance issues. Act as audit liaison in any audits related to Public Private Partnership contracts.
- Contract Tracking and Financial Reporting: Ensures contract compliance in terms of invoicing for payments and/or reporting deliverables. Provides any CCF financial information as necessary for reporting on grant or loan contracts. Assists with government contract reporting as necessary. Reviews report requests and analyzes to ascertain true data need and determine best representation of information as it relates to need. Maintain database and other reference materials related to government funding legislative and regulatory issues and compliance.
- Grants and Funds Management: Coordinates with internal and external partners in the execution any subcontracts for Public Private Partnerships or foundation grants and work across teams to establish grantmaking structure to ensure contract compliance, including procurement processes for grant applications, awards, grant agreements, reporting, monitoring, etc. Supports Grants Management and Legal in compliance for fiscal sponsorship funds, international grantmaking, and lobbying and advocacy. Perform periodic compliance audits, risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
- Staff Training: Assist in developing, producing and conducting compliance training programs. Communicate local, state, and federal requirements to internal and external clients, as applicable.
- Applications for Funding: Assists in evaluating and negotiating opportunities for funding from government entities, including the development of compliance programs related to new funding opportunities. Coordinates provision of any CCF financial information or content for applications for funding from government or foundation entities.
- Departmental Coordination: Serves as liaison between all departments to ensure timely and accurate contract compliance, grants management and accounting service. Ensures all foundation grantmaking and compliance activities are smoothly implemented and continually improved upon.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Work Experience: 3 to 5 years related experience required with experience in contract compliance, grants management, nonprofit governance, and transactional experience preferred.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Superior customer service skills to external and internal constituents. Excellent listening skills, follow through and problem-solving abilities.
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands within set deadlines. Ability to design and implement effective grants management processes and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving.
- Technical: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge and grantmaking software preferred.
- Teamwork & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion.