The Program Associate will report to the Director of Grantmaking and will work collaboratively within the Impact team, as well as across the Finance & Operations, Communications & Marketing, and Development & Engagement teams as needed. This position is based in New York City.
The Program Associate will play a key role in supporting the operations of Every Mother Counts’ grants program. They will perform a variety of responsibilities to support the day-to-day management of the program, which currently includes about 35 global and U.S. grantees. They will work closely with the Director of Grantmaking to support the exchange of information and facilitate key processes central to our grantmaking relationships and work. The Program Associate will help streamline and improve upon EMC’s grantmaking processes by enhancing existing tracking tools and employing best practices throughout our program. They will collaborate closely with the Finance & Operations team to ensure smooth processing of all grant funds and paperwork and will also collaborate with the Communications & Marketing team and Development & Engagement team to share relevant content about grantee activities, assist with virtual or in person events involving grantees, and serve as a liaison between other teams and our grantees. In collaboration with the Director of Grantmaking and Managing Director of Policy, Advocacy, & Grantmaking, this role will assist in the overall successful implementation of EMC’s grantmaking framework, which includes providing multi-faceted support to help grantees deepen their impact, grow, and become stronger as organizations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Grants Program Management (50%)
- Manage EMC’s internal grants tracking system to ensure timely invitation, review, and execution of each grant and to accurately reflect the status of each grantee organization.
- Support the smooth functioning of soliciting, obtaining, and reviewing grant applications and issuing grant agreements, including by managing:
- Invitations to submit proposals – tracking the status of requests for grant applications for timely submission and providing technical support to grantees as requested
- Proposal review – conduct initial review of grant applications to check for completeness and conduct follow up as necessary
- Grant execution – support the drafting of grant agreements and prepare payment forms for submission
- Maintain and disseminate up-to-date information on all EMC grants by:
- Updating EMC’s grants docket as new grants are issued and closed and sharing with EMC staff and leadership
- Entering all new grant information into EMC’s grants management database to maintain clear, thorough records of grants and create reports as requested
- Oversee the collection of grantee reporting data and organization of information by:
- Managing timely data collection processes from grantees in collaboration with the Manager of Research and Impact.
- Supporting the organization of grantee data and the generating of impact metrics
- Support ongoing communication with grantee-related matters by:
- Scheduling check in meetings with the grantmaking team and joining meetings as appropriate.
- Sharing relevant information with grantees, including newsletters, recent publications, and opportunities that may be of interest.
- Responding to general grant inquiries and direct inquiries to the Director of Grantmaking for review
- Collaborate with the Director of Grantmaking to identify external and internal opportunities to apply EMC’s unique approach to supporting our grantee partners.
Interdepartmental Collaboration (25%)
- Assist with the development of content about EMC grantees across teams, including by:
- Sharing storytelling and impact data as it is received to ensure staff members have access to this information to inform their work.
- Collaborating to draft EMC communication materials highlighting grantees and providing input to ensure all messaging adequately reflects the work of our partners.
- Drafting content for EMC donor updates and reports and compiling additional information as needed.
- Schedule Lunch and Learns and additional engagements with grantees to create learning opportunities for the EMC staff
General Impact Team Support (25%)
- Provide additional operational and administrative support to the impact team as needed
- Support the planning and implementation of special projects, including grantee convenings.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of relevant program management or operations experience, or recent Master of Public Health graduate
- Knowledge and/or interest in the field of international and U.S. maternal health
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate to diverse audiences
- Strong organizational and analytic skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Acute attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering quality work
- Ability to support a fast-paced and collaborative team with accountability and efficiency
- Strong project management, coordination, time management, and organizing skills
- Communicates clearly, thoroughly, and regularly about plans and decisions with openness and honesty with team members and others
- A team player who engenders trust and confidence, with an ability to interact positively with all members of the staff
- Must have the ability to work in a team setting and independently
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title for this position in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer