Reports to: Director of Alumni Relations
Status: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Bishop’s Alumni Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of engagement opportunities and programming. The coordinator’s strategic objective is to build and strengthen relationships. This position works to acknowledge, steward and encourage involvement and increase participation within the Bishop’s alumni and campus communities.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of one to two years of experience in alumni relations, advancement or a related field. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. Professional attire and presentation are required. Direct experience in volunteer management is preferred. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other constituent and fundraising databases strongly preferred. Experience in a non-profit institution is a plus. Must be available for evening and weekend meetings and events. Travel to local and regional events is expected.
Skills & Abilities:
- Dedicated work ethic: proactive, responsible, reliable and attentive to deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A motivated, highly-organized, and self-directed individual who can effectively multitask and handle a variety of matters independently in a professional, trustworthy and mature manner with tact, diplomacy, and appropriate judgment.
- Commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality in daily dealings with hyper-sensitive constituent information.
- Ability to actively collaborate with all School constituencies.
- Intermediate proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office, and a willingness to become proficient in new programs, learning management systems, collaboration and productivity apps as needed.
- Working knowledge of specialized software and online programs (i.e., Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Premiere Pro, Blackbaud-Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact and social networks).
- Embrace the special needs and requirements associated with an academic calendar and schedule, which may necessitate fluctuations in workdays and hours.
- Strong advocate of the School’s mission and School values of integrity, compassion, inclusion, intellect, excellence and justice.
- Design skills for creating content and editing videos, marketing materials and posting on all social media outlets and in Alumni Newsletters.
Essential Functions and Specific Duties:
Alumni Relations Functions:
- Assist with and coordinate the planning and execution of alumni office and alumni association events and programs.
- Provide event and program logistical assistance included but not limited to: registration; mailings; ordering materials; reviewing and assisting with expense tracking.
- Responsible for alumni event correspondence and alumni data collection.
- Work with campus event scheduler and campus leadership to ensure event protocols and policies are followed.
- Attend alumni relations and alumni association, advancement, parents’ association and other School events.
- Research and coordinate event venues and secure site visits (in person or virtually) for local and regional programming.
- Collect and prepare event and program statistics and analysis for benchmarking.
- Communicate with donors, trustees, alumni, parents, students, faculty, campus administration and staff regarding alumni relations matters as requested by the chief advancement officer and director of alumni relations.
- Responsible for creating digital media (graphics and video) to post on social media platforms and in alumni newsletters.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders and constituencies.
- Represent Bishop’s with alumni and at professional organizations or associations, and serve on committees as required.
- Actively participate and assist with the preparation of Bishop’s Alumni Association Board meetings
- Assist director of alumni relations with Bishop’s Student Alumni Club.
- Responsible for creation and distribution of the electronic alumni newsletter, events newsletter and special events marketing.
- Work with alumni association board committee chairs and co-chairs regarding the implementation of programs and events.
- Provide administrative support to the advancement office.
- Produce, schedule and execute monthly e-birthday messages and e-holiday cards.
- Coordinate the purchase of acknowledgment gifts for volunteers, campus guests, alumni, alumni presenters, panelists and donors.
- Greet and welcome campus visitors and guests, providing campus tours when requested.
- Responsible for the post-event distribution of e-thank you cards, event surveys, class photos and social media posts.
- Uphold the School’s Core Values.
- Demonstrate professionalism, tact and an unwavering positive attitude.
- Stay up to date on industry standards, trends, developments and legal updates.
- Make timely and ethical decisions both systematically and under pressure.
- Perform, with a team approach, other duties as assigned.