Title: ECR Implementation Specialist, Bilingual Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Implementation Manager Location: New York, NY
AppleTree focuses exclusively on Preschool and Pre-K education with a mission of closing the achievement gap before students get to kindergarten. We provide free, full-day public charter school programming for three- and four-year olds in 12 locations across Washington, DC, employing our innovative and award winning instructional model, called Every Child Ready (ECR). This instructional model provides educators with tools and resources for “What to Teach”, “How to Teach” and “How to Measure Success.” Our instructional model is also used with partners across the nation. We continuously test and improve this model through feedback from AppleTree educators, partners and other stakeholders to ensure that children are learning and exploring through play and appropriate instruction.
As we grow our network, our need for early education expertise is increasing. We are thrilled to add to our team of Every Child Ready, Implementation Specialist, Bilingual. Through leadership and management of the implementation and client coaching processes, Implementation Specialists ensure Every Child Ready users are able to effectively implement the instructional model in their schools. Implementation Specialists serve in an integral role supporting and coaching school leaders and teachers in effective teaching practices that improve teacher quality practices, classroom quality and student achievement data in alignment with the ECR instructional model and Response to Intervention framework. Implementation Specialists work directly and collaboratively with teachers, schools and instructional teams to implement, revise, and validate the instructional model. This Bilingual Specialist will support partner schools that provide instruction in both English and Spanish.
This position requires travel between partner sites based on the needs of the network. ECR Implementation Specialist, Bilingual will report to the Director of Implementation This is a non-supervisory position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports implementation of the Every Child Ready Instructional Model
- Uses data to systematically support the implementation of the Every Child Ready instructional model
- Implements the ECR professional development program in assigned schools, which includes support for classroom structure, curriculum, climate & management, instruction, and parent engagement
- Creates and implements ongoing in-class coaching and workshops in assigned schools and classrooms in collaboration with the Content Team
- Collaborates and supports instructional leaders to ensure that teachers effectively plan instruction in English and Spanish, using a variety of data sources
- Provides support through modeling, observing, providing feedback and supporting teacher reflection
- Collaborates and supports instructional leadership in implementing the Response to Intervention model
- Travels to local LEAs each month, including observations, school tours, and meetings up to 60% of time
Supports Planning, Documentation and Communication of the Every Child Ready Instructional Model
- Participates in the Priority Planning Process for potential local and non-local partners
- Works closely with the Director of Implementation to write customized Implementation Plans for LEAs
- Uses appropriate forms and multimedia tools to document coaching activities and in-classroom support experiences
- Plans and communicates monthly schedule to stakeholders according to ECR implementation scope and sequence
Collects, Analyzes and Communicates Data to Drive Instruction, Program Evaluation & Program Improvement
- Systematically collects, analyzes, and communicates student and teacher classroom data including in-person and video observations
- Supports the Assessment Specialist in monitoring data entry for teachers as needed
- Performs classroom quality and teaching index observations across campuses as scheduled
- Meets regularly with school leaders to communicate classroom quality and student data, and upcoming activities
Continuously Contributes to a Community of Practice Identifying ways to Inform Development of and Continuous Improvement of Instructional Model
- Regularly communicates and collaborates with Implementation, Every Child Ready Content and Development and instructional teams across programs to analyze data across programs and contribute ideas for instructional and curriculum supports
- Collaborates with the Model Development team on the implementation of Spanish instructional materials.
- Contributes to the revision of Every Child Ready resources and materials as requested
- Highlights Implementation and Every Child Ready best practices processes and procedures to a variety of stakeholders as assigned.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree strongly preferred) in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, curriculum and instruction, or a closely related field
- Fluent Spanish speaker.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing the Response to Intervention model
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive, effective and mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of stakeholders within AppleTree Schools, the AppleTree enterprise, and the greater Washington, D.C. education community
- Two to three years experience with coaching or facilitating learning for adults is preferred to include classroom-based instructional coaching experience outside the classroom. In addition, 3 years of successful professional teaching experience, ideally in a bilingual setting, is required, 5 years preferred.
- Technological proficiency in GSuite, Asana, Canvas, Microsoft Office and/or willingness to learn new technology platforms as required.
Candidates must have a valid driver's license and be willing to travel to multiple sites.
The preceding description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals in this role and is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the ECR Implementation Specialist, Bilingual. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
At AppleTree, we endeavor to foster an environment where each person’s true self and experience is welcome. We believe that only with a diverse and inclusive environment can you truly celebrate and support all students, families, and staff. Our commitment to diversity is founded on the belief that our community is strengthened by the vibrant exchange that occurs when individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and heritages share their various perspectives with one another.