Are you looking for meaningful and energizing work? A job where you feel connected to a mission and motivated to make a difference? Then you should consider a career at Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. As part of our engaged and passionate team, you'll help power our mission to bring people together to create, preserve, and promote affordable homeownership and advance racial equity in housing. You would join a workplace that is inclusive, innovative, supportive, and so much more. Team members receive top-notch benefits packages and 25 vacation days in your first year. Pretty awesome right? Join our collaborative and creative team by applying today!
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for driving diverse marketing and communication initiatives across varied platforms and constituencies to ensure the overall visibility and integrity of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity (TCFHF). This includes, but not limited to managing and developing a team of event, marketing and communication professionals, editorial content and curation, media relations, brand management and positioning, integrated marketing campaigns which includes direct response fundraising, story banking, advertising, project management, advanced online marketing strategies, budget management, reporting and analyzing housing-related information and statistics to all constituencies.
- Plan, organize, direct, and analyze overall marketing and communication and event strategies and public information for the organization
- Lead, manage and mentor event, marketing and communications staff and interns
- Operate an agency-style account management function to serve internal clients with marketing communications support
- Coordinate with Resource Development, all fundraising messaging and execute direct response on all platforms
- Work with Resource Development to create strategies to identify donor prospects from constituent pool based on web analytics and history
- Oversee relevant and compelling editorial content for internal and external distribution, including but not limited to; organizational messaging, talking points, speeches, event program and production, scripts, articles, advertisements, op-eds, interviews
- Oversee, steward, and maintain TCHFH’s media relations to ensure consistent and accurate coverage of the organization’s mission, vision, identity and needs
- Ensure brand integrity, compliance and continuity in accordance to style, logo and brand guidelines
- Create, execute, and analyze comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns to increase community engagement, participation, and awareness
- Create and execute marketing campaign to attract potential clients to Habitat’s homebuyer program
- Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns to increase retail sales and brand awareness at TCHFH’s ReStore(s)
- Manage the marketing and communications departmental budget, assets, collateral inventory and equipment; overseeing media buys, advertorials, advertising, capital equipment and marketing materials, subscriptions and contracts
- Oversee, drive, and direct all graphic design strategies, organizational photography, videography, banners, visuals
- Oversee a series of integrated digital marketing strategies that reflect the goals and objectives of online engagement and awareness
- Oversee web site re-design, user experience, accessibility, search engine optimization, responsive design
- Oversee and manage all social media platforms; including social media staff and volunteer trainings
- Provide TCHFH staff and others a high-level of internal customer service with support in creating, editing, designing and formatting content
- Lead organization through the implementation of the strategic plan in tandem with a comprehensive capital campaign and new homeownership marketing outreach; providing all marketing and communication support
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Graduate degree in related field preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working with integrated marketing communications, digital marketing, content marketing, and media relations
- Experience in managing a marketing or creative team
- Agency account management experience helpful
- Professional media training preferred
- Campaign fundraising experience helpful
- Direct mail experience helpful
- Retail marketing experience helpful
- Media buying experience helpful
- Five years of experience successfully supervising employees
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Working knowledge and/or experience with art direction and design, including working with graphic designers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience in writing feature stories or other written content that aligns with the strategic objectives of an organization
- Excellent verbal skills
- Strong service-oriented attitude and work ethic
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work productively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven design and creative direction experience
- Successful implementer who is able to handle multiple key tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge and experience of AP style for editorial content management
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to understand technical topics and translate them for public expression
- Integrated digital marketing experience required
- Excellent typing and computer skills; able to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of design software, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
- Experience with each of these would be preferred: Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, HubSpot (inbound marketing/SEO), Raisers Edge, Salesforce, Smartsheets.
- Work at a desk, computer or phone for extended periods of time
- Move around the office and event sites
- Ability to lift, move and set up necessary equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to independently operate a motor vehicle
- Most of the work is performed in an office environment with some off-site work, both indoor and outdoor.
· $87,000-$100,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent Benefits package.
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Twin Cities Habitat’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.