The Simons Foundation is currently seeking three Grants Managers. The Grants Managers are responsible for providing comprehensive grant administration for pre- and post-award activities within the following groups:
- Life Sciences
- SFARI Clinical, Collaborations, and Targeted
- Outreach and Education, Science Sandbox, Flatiron Institute and Simons Foundation International portfolio of grants and gifts.
The Grants Manager may supervise a grants assistant(s) and/or grants administrator.
- Acts as the main point of contact for applicants, grantees and institutional administrators.
- Liaises with other departments in the foundation
- Interacts with proposalCENTRAL staff regarding online application and grants management
- Implements diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Works to ensure more diverse, equitable and inclusive applications and review processes.
- Manages entire RFA process, from announcement to grant activation
- Facilitates creation of RFA announcements and schedules
- Produces application templates, instructions, and FAQs
- Coordinates with program managers the review of non-competitive grant application and renewals
- Reviews grant budgets, sends award letters and activates grants.
- Oversees grant-related compliance review activities, such as tax status verification and expenditure responsibility for international grantees.
- Performs grantee due diligence, as needed, to determine legal compliance, as well as financial and reputational risks.
- Creates grant deliverable templates, instructions and FAQs.
- Oversees the grant deliverable (renewal, supplemental, carry forward, no-cost extension, change of institution and termination) submission and review process.
- Reviews and approves grant financial statements
- Administers the grant closeout process
- Prepares reports as needed, as well as biannual portfolio analysis.
- Communicate outputs to the foundation and to the appropriate scientific and grant communities
- Develops training materials and standard operating procedures for the department and their portfolio
- Develops innovative solutions to increase efficiency and streamline workflows
- Continuously improves grant processes and procedures to improve and streamline workflows
- Stays abreast of industry trends, best practices and standards.
- Defines workflow requirements for the foundation's grants management system, Simons Award Manager (SAM), in partnership with program staff for current and future configuration.
- Actively builds and maintains strong relationships with relevant internal and external grants stakeholders, most importantly program directors and managers.
- May manage grants assistant(s) and/or grants administrator(s)
- Three to five years' work experience in grants administration is required.
- Knowledge of SmartSimple, proposalCENTRAL or related award management system is preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Outstanding interpersonal skills—must be able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communication styles
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through
- Superb Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player with respect for others and the ability to work independently
- Interest in new technologies and new media
- Enthusiasm for and the ability to easily adapt to change
- Eagerness to grow with the position as the organization's needs evolve
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state, and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/LYGV5yIoVVx8SozdunQWj" />