YouthConnect is a program of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston in partnership with the Boston Police Department. YouthConnect is designed to address the unique needs of high-risk urban youth who are referred to the program by Boston police officers. Using YouthConnect’s four-tier service model, social workers develop and provide appropriate intervention and treatment strategies including: referrals to community-based agencies, clinical case management, individual and family therapy, parental guidance and advocacy.
The Administrative Assistant provides assistance with key functions and projects of the development, fundraising, and programmatic efforts of YouthConnect, as well as essential administrative support to the YouthConnect senior management team.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Our Mission: The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders. We do this by providing: a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs.
- Youth First – We keep children and teens at the forefront of every action and decision to elevate members’ voices.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with honesty and transparency and strive to do the right thing, every day, and every time.
- Community – We foster an inclusive culture by celebrating diversity and respecting the inherent dignity and worth of everyone.
- Equity – We commit to providing opportunities to create just outcomes that honor the needs, experiences, and values of our community, especially those with marginalized identities.
- Innovation – We apply a forward-thinking approach that encourages teamwork, adaptability, strategy, intention, and creativity to address today’s challenges and build positive futures for all members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with program leadership to design document, charts, and forms to aid in the effectiveness of the program.
- Manage all correspondence, internal memoranda, and reports. Maintain copies and organizes documents as necessary.
- Manage daily administrative tasks such as mail, faxes, office supplies, office space, etc.
- Coordinate and manage all office equipment (printers, fax machine, cell phones, etc.)
- Work with vendors relative to equipment needs and contracts.
- Serve as liaison to BGCB IT Manager to set up, problem-solve and manage IT needs, including email accounts and hardware/software needs and updates.
- Manage all in-coming telephone calls and emails to YouthConnect’s main mailboxes.
- Staff and participate in YouthConnect staff meetings and record minutes.
- Maintain the safety and atmosphere of YouthConnect’s public space.
- Oversee YouthConnect’s physical client files, organize and shred records in accordance to social work laws.
- Assist Executive Director and Assistant Director of Development and Marketing with planning, executing, and follow-up relative to all development strategies, activities and events. Including: annual events, direct mailings, holiday giving and program’s newsletter.
- Liaison with the Main Office Development Department relative to gift processing, in-kind donations and other development and fundraising needs.
- Assist in planning and coordinating content for YouthConnect’s website and social media outlets.
- Coordinate and manage annual holiday food and gift drives for program. Serve as liaison to local businesses and non-profits to secure resources for clients.
- Lead and manage weekly food distribution for clients by coordinating with external partner and YouthConnect staff.
Data & Outcome Management
- Assist with the development, maintenance and management of the YouthConnect client database.
- Work with YouthConnect’s leadership team to strategize around the future data management needs of the program.
- Generate reports as needed that provide key programmatic information for all fundraising, marketing, and community partnership efforts.
- Create weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, and annual dashboards for the program and each district/unit.
- Assist the clinical staff as needed, including researching relevant articles and potential community resources.
- Perform other related duties as needed and directed by Executive Director.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Prior development experience; preferably fundraising and event planning.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, and Adobe.
- Experience working with database systems; preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to travel throughout the community to attend meetings and events as needed.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
- High level of discretion
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 9-5