Education For All Children (EFAC) is seeking a dynamic and creative self-starter to join our team as Communications Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position offers the opportunity to make a global impact on poverty and equality through education. The candidate will work closely with EFAC’s US and Kenyan staff and leadership to effectively communicate our organization’s impact to a wide variety of audiences. The ideal hire will possess a hybrid experience of communications, ranging from social media to newsletters to strategic marketing pieces.
Founded in 2008, Education for All Children (EFAC) is an education-to-employment program for bright, disadvantaged Kenyan youth to foster leadership, economic opportunity and social progress. We are addressing the disparity in educational and economic mobility for Kenyan girls and boys living in poverty, helping them reach their true potential in life. Our goal is to produce graduates who become Kenya’s future entrepreneurs, leaders, and agents of social change for their communities and country at large. We have offices in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and Nairobi, Kenya. This position is in the Portsmouth, NH location.
- Coordinate EFAC marketing and communications, including the development of high-quality printed materials, website content, social media posts, newsletters, and online campaigns.
- Support EFAC’s efforts to improve brand consistency and awareness in both the US and Kenya.
- Assist in writing grants and grant reports.
- Maintain electronic mailing list, segment list for targeted contacts, track response, and seek to increase readership/engagement.
- Manage the organization’s communications assets, including photo library, success stories, logo library, infographics, design files, print, and digital collateral.
- Work with our Kenya Comms team to both produce quality communications for the Kenya audience and gather content, including videos and photos, for the US audience.
- Manage EFAC letterhead, envelopes, business cards and other materials for the organization at large, including designing materials, managing relationships with printers, and redesigning or reordering supplies when necessary.
- Develop social media strategies, using social media data and analytics to make key-decisions.
- Design a robust social media calendar; create, schedule and post content on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Strategically update social media pages with relevant, shareable content; engage regularly with followers.
- Monitor EFAC website for consistency and messaging and generate content to keep it fresh.
- Responsible for the creation and development of marketing materials including the Annual Report, monthly newsletters, and student Bios.
- Create high quality printed materials for donor engagement and communicating EFAC’s impact.
Fundraising and Events
- Assist in writing grant proposals and grant reports for key stakeholders.
- Collaborate on communications for all events.
- Facilitate inspiring online campaigns (#GivingTuesday, Annual Appeal) to grow virtual fundraising.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a related communications role.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, and the ability to write in a clear and
- compelling style.
- Experience with email marketing software (Constant Contact preferred).
- Experience with content creation on social media (namely Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and management platforms (Hootsuite).
- Proven track record of running successful social media campaigns, and increasing subscribers and engagement.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated; able to take initiative, manage, and complete multiple tasks within deadlines and within budget.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite platforms.
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic and highly collaborative team.
- Experience with Squarespace or similar web design software preferable.
- Basic video editing skills preferable.
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator preferable.
- A strong passion for and commitment to the organization’s mission, goals and accomplishments.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with benefits (health, disability, and vacation)/ 40-hours per week.
- The EFAC office is located in Portsmouth, NH. Candidates must live within driving distance of our office, and be present at least 3-days per week. Remote work possible for additional days.
- Salary commensurate with experience. (range: $48K - $65K)