Contract (Grants) Specialist
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is an independent nonprofit organization authorized by Congress in 2010. Its mission is to fund research that will provide patients, their caregivers and clinicians with the evidence-based information needed to make better-informed healthcare decisions. PCORI is committed to continually seeking input from a broad range of stakeholders to guide its work.
The Contract (Grants) Specialist supports the Contract Management (CM) department in providing project management and research administration support to applicants, awardees and PCORI staff throughout the funding lifecycle. The Contract Specialist will utilize prior work experience and skills to apply knowledge; provide specialized counsel to internal and external stakeholders; and make appropriate decisions that affect PCORI awards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of low risk PCORI Awards under the guidance of a Senior Contract Administrator
- Conduct and finalize budget reviews of assigned projects
- Negotiate and execute contracts for assigned projects
- Participate in the PCORI Funding Announcement (PFA) development within CM
- Proofread and cross-walk documents within CM to help ensure consistency and accuracy across various PFAs
- Conduct initial review of letters of intent (LOIs) and full applications
- Create and maintain the documentation for each assigned award in a manner that is compliant with PCORI’s policies and with auditors’ specifications
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information for assigned projects is maintained in accordance with PCORI policies and guidelines
- Actively participate in required and ad-hoc meetings
- Provide excellent customer services to all PCORI constituents
- Support the department in updating policies and processes related to operational improvements
- Actively contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of PCORI Online
- Ensure work products are accurate, on-time, and of high quality
General Team Support Duties:
- Monitor project folders in various systems including SharePoint, to ensure compliance with work processes as outlined in the CM guidelines
- Perform data validation in PCORI data management systems
- Serve as a liaison between various departments, including IT, Data Management, and Engagement
- Coordinate the CM contract close-out process, working collaboratively with the CAs and across PCORI departments to ensure timely closeout of projects
- Support Assistant Director(s) with ad-hoc auditing of PCORI files and databases
- Create team dashboards and metrics
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Weekly Contract Management Meeting: compile agenda items, attend meetings and take notes focusing on action items and next steps. Distribute notes accordingly
- Monitor CM Helpdesk tickets and either respond or assign tickets appropriately
- Maintain contract templates
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to manage and work on multiple tasks and under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the use of technology, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internet literacy, and willingness to learn new computer skills as necessary;
- Flexibility and skill in working as a team member and comfort working in a challenging environment with dynamic priorities;
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and be able to gather, assess and synthesize information from a variety of resources;
- Judgment, integrity, and the ability to listen with sensitivity to others and ask clarifying questions;
- Ability to work collegially with staff across the organization, at all levels and an interest in and strong commitment to the PCORI’s mission and programs;
- Experience using Salesforce desirable and proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- At least 2-4 years’ work experience in contract management and Bachelor's degree preferred, or 3-5 years of related experience.
- Relevant experience working in contracts management department, at a funding organization/agency, conducting research and/or project management desirable.
Now that you have read this far, it is time to submit an online application. Please apply online at pcori.org. Check out our site and see what your potential possibilities are along with more detailed information about our organization.
PCORI conducts background on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce.